Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arghhh GLS - what can we do about them?

• 12-08-2004 2:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

Title of thread says it all....

Two weeks ago I ordered a snazzy looking pair of trainers which were on sale from www.schuh.ie. The site said that delivery should be within 5 working days. Grand no worries I thought. Anyway as each day passed and a couple of weekends (where I'd be wearing them most often) no sign of my trainers so today I decided I would ring Schuh's head office to see what the story was. I spoke to a very nice Scottish girl on the phone (their head office is based in Scotland) and she informed me that my trainers had been posted to me on July 28th and that I most certainly should have received them by now. Not so, I told her. Then she mentioned it..... GLS. Oh dear oh dear oh dear I thought. The main problem I've had with these ignorant w@nkers before is the fact that they won't even stick a stupid envelope into my postbox without my signature. Of course, like most people I'm not home during the day so I always have to re-arrange to have the envelope or sticky note or whatever delivered to my place of work where the security guard at the desk signs for it. This always takes 2-3 days coz they're such a bunch of awkward non-customer serving thieving fraudsters that I've ever had the misfortune to deal with in my whole 23 years on this planet.

My gripe this time apart from the obvious oversight of my fuking stuff showing no signs of ever actually arriving? Well, the nice Scottish girl said that she would investigate the situation and call me back which she did, and it turns out that GLS have attempted (apt description it has to be said) to deliver my trainers to me 3 times - yes 3 times! Have I received a delivery card with a tracking no? NO NO NO! Who the hell are these clowns and why is it absolutely impossible to get through to them on the phone?

I'm quite sure that numerous readers of this post will have had similar experiences with this inept bunch a first class muppets passing themselves off to be something other than a sick evil joke on us idiot customer people. It's not as if I (and we) even have any choice but to use them (if a foreign company has them on their books) but I would presume that as I ordered my trainers from an Irish website, paid in € with delivery being free, that the goods would in fact be posted from inside this country. Silly me.

Is there any way (apart from ordering something and THEN findiing out, like a few months later) that I can boycott these thieving bunch of non-customer serving muppet fraudsters passing themselves off as some sort of legitimate enterprise? Jaysus I fuking hope so.

I'm absolutely fuming about this without meaning to state the rather obvious.

Phew, got that off my chest - feel a little better now but I'd feel one hell of alot better if I knew I would never have to see, hear, speak or whisper the words GLS ever again............................... :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hmm, I wonder fo GLS come under ComReg like An Post do? Wonder if they need a licence....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Well considering the success with which ComReg have allowed eircom's thieving to continue unhindered I imagine it matters not one bit.

The only action that can be taken is to contact the mail order companies and inform them that you refuse to buy anything if GLS are the delivery company. Not that that would do any good either. The problem is that most UK businesses will use Royal Mail as their main carrier as they are the cheapest and their service is not too bad in the UK.

Unfortunately GLS are owned by Royal Mail so they have a guaranteed source of custom and are not going to be out of business anytime soon.

It seems that anything sent by Royal Mail letterpost, even small packages get delivered by AnPost but stuff sent by Royal Mail Parcelforce gets routed through GLS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

John R wrote:
    It seems that anything sent by Royal Mail letterpost, even small packages get delivered by AnPost but stuff sent by Royal Mail Parcelforce gets routed through GLS.
    Legally, An Post retain a monopoly (and it's responsibilities) on letter post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

check out the Komplett interaction board for more GLS Horror Storries. they're not hard to come by.

It does seem, however its only around the leinster area that they are bad. People from the west/south seem to have no problems with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Why don't you set up a website about them ? Direct everyone that has complaints about them (and there are many) to the website.

Have a form on the site where people can fill in their horror stories , they get mailed to you or automatically updated and then you can load them on to the site.

I'll even give you the webspace if you want it.

The more complaints and horror stories you gather the better. Don't sit on your ass and complain anymore. Do something while you are still fired up.

If the site becomes popular enough and is linked to enough too it will probably show up first in Google for searches about GLS too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I also ordered off Schuh and it took my shoes over a week to be delivered. But in fairness, the courier rang asking for directions to my home address (delivery had to be to the credit card address), and I asked if they'd be able to re-route the package to my work address. I had them on my desk the next day.

I've read somewhere recently that the US Postal service have cancelled the contract they have with GLS, effective from the end of the year. I'll try to find the link to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

http://www.google.ie/search?q=gls+ireland&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

even first results are horror stories.... yeah i had one myself...got charged 140 euro with taxes and duty for something i ordered from the US that took 2 months to get to me....rediclous group of *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Don't use GLS. If thats the only method of delivery that a particular site use, email the site telling them you refuse to purchase anything until they change their delivery service. Explain the GLS situation and give them other examples. Get other people to do it aswell. It probably wont have any effect, but....meh.

What else can you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I dunno who delivers my stuff from dvdsoon.com but I've never had a problem. I did order with GLS from komplett and it got there in fine time. Except, of course, the muppets screwed up. I wasn't there so they just dumped my harddrive on the doorstep where anyone could have stolen it. Luckily noone did....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

like i said in a post on the compforum, i bought an ipod off ebay, and gls delivered it. GLS charged my 35 yos for import duty, when it was declared for €100. an absolute joke.

i was only able to find out ANY information be e-mailing their irish import manager ronan.peyton@gls-ireland.com and he helped me a lot!!

if any of you are having trouble with GLS try this mail address.

lemme know how you get on!

Vinny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Crowd of gimps they are. Why do konplett still use em is what i want know, its not as if they dont know they are ****

I thought this was a thread about 'Goldie Looking Chain'. :)
    Guns don't kill people, wappers do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I thought this was a thread about 'Goldie Looking Chain'. :)
    Guns don't kill people, wappers do...

Even if the thread had been "Arghh GLC..." that would have been a piss poor attempt at humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I feel your PAIN :D Patman from Komplett has being saying for a while that they are looking for someone else to replace GLS so we can hope.....

Advertisement