Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy

Options
  • 12-08-2004 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where the best place to buy a phone would be? Each provider have their own selection (fairly limited selection for "pay as you go" customers IMO) and the only other place I can think of/have been to is the carphone warehouse. Is there anywhere cheaper to get phones on or offline? Would a trip up north be a better option when it comes to prices/selection?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

www.mphone.co.uk do resonably good prices,sim free too

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

a trip up north isnt a too bad idea, phones arent that exspensive up there

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

hardly better than billpay here since you'd have to get it sim-free or pay as you go and unlock up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

I bought a 7610 in 3G on Henry Street the other day, prices are close enough to the web (maybe 5 -10% more) and you have a place you can go back to and wave a broken phone at them should anything go wrong... they have a good selection of phone there too!

WB

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

how much for a 7610?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

guys seem to have really good prices.

http://ourmobiles.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi?board=phones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, generally best to only recommend a merchant when one has had a successful/good transaction with them - for anyone following up on a suggestion, attention is drawn to this forums Rules/Disclaimer

in the past i've had good experiences purchasing SIM-Free handsets from:
    http://www.mphone.co.uk
    http://www.expansys.com
    http://www.livetelecom.com

However some people prefer to buy in-person, and places like: Carphone Warehouse, 3G Stores and The Telephone Centre (Dawson St.) also sell SIM-Free handsets

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Thanks Garth_Vader & DubWireless for the links. The "Our Mobiles" site looks very unprofessional and wouldn't trust them as a result.

blah blah blah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I've bought twice off Our Mobiles and they delivered to me so i know their faces etc... they're decent blokes with good prices.

blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There are many outlets around the city that sell cheap handsets/sim free etc..
    I bought my last handset from a company in dublin city centre, after checking the stores such as vodafone, o2 etc.. i found this other company was by far the cheapest.. and all thier phones are simfree..

what was the name of the shop and where was it?

blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

as I'm a member of their forum I'd like to stand up for our mobiles and say they do very good deals at small profit margins cos they want to get established as a reasonable place to buy a phone ane as somewhere a customer can relax in the knoledge that they got a phone off a person they'll recognise and they'll be recognised next time they come to buy a phone!! it's aggrovated me that someone would suggest that they'd be involved in stolen phones etc...
    I know the rules and am probably goin to be banned for this post but I just want my feelings heard!!
    don't prejudge everyone eh guys..
    specially not after someone recommending them!!!

blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

as I said I'm a member of their forum!!
    and I have gotten some very good deals from them in the past!!
    should I not have voiced my opinion on this matter as a customer of theirs??
    sorry but I taught someone asked for advice on where to buy a phone at a good price!!!
    I've mentioned these boards elsewhere when people have asked for advice without such comment bein made to my affiliation to them!!
    I've gotten good advice on matters here on boards so I would recommend them to others needin advice!! why should this not apply when on boards??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hopefully those are enough suggestions for the original poster to follow up on now - so this thread appears to have run its course

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Just to mention that I've had reports of bad experiences from the Our Mobiles folks on our For Sale boards, they've been banned repeatedly for trading and they keep coming back here trying to rip people off. I've banned 18 of their accounts so far, the last one being yesterday or the day before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement