Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Execute a Program on Server from Internet

Options
  • 12-08-2004 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    I want to execute a program on the HD of my webserver-from the internet. I want a user to be able to click a button on my webpage which will result in a program being executed on the host(apache). This program must control the serial port on the computer(c program, this is written and working).

Has anyone any ideas or a very good idea of about how best to do it. I was thinking about PHP, CGI-PERL, CGI-C or CGI-batch file.

Could I place a batch file in my cgi-bin to call the c-program on my HD. Could I just throw my C-program into the CGI bin??? Or is PHP a better option?? Where is best to look on internet.

Any help is needed. Its a bit urgent and I will let yous know how I get on!!!

Thanks. :)

Comments

Advertisement