Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bios dump and R360 core

Options
  • 12-08-2004 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hey all
    Have ordered my VGA Silencer and paln to flash my 9800pro to an XT. I will when fitting the new fan check that it has the R360 core.

ATI Tool reports a R350 core but it would say that if thats what the bios states.
    However when I dumped the bios the first line before all the junk states it has a R360 core and hynix memory.

Anyone have an explanation for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

that's normal. i can't explain it though. read through the reviews on this page:
    http://www.lowestonweb.com/products/displayinfomain.asp?e=C31B146E-9E3E-46E3-8025-76160D01BA16&td=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

awww man whats the story.. mine says r350, I bought a Saphire Radeon just recently. Why no 260 core :*(

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

It might have one. You have to check the chip under the fan to be sure. I haven't done it yet but plan to.

alright thanks, I hope it does :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Adren have use the AIT do a bios dump open it up top lines should says what it is- Or Have a google for a tool called RAdlinker install it and check bios with that one-

It seems alot of the Sapphire Lites 9800pro's 128MB have 360 cores and hynix memory these days - if you don't have a 360 your one of the unlucky ones :)

• Advertisement

May as well wait sure, Im getting the artic coler delivered next week so ill see the chip when im fitting it.

Thanks anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

My Sapphire Atlantis has a pretty big fan on it. Anyone remove one of these. Is it easy to install the Arctic cooler. Seen a few guides just wondering if anyone here has done it.

afaik its pritty simple if you do a search for it on boards, it should through up a few results, that will have people saying how easy it is to intstall etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

yep, its handy enough.

Use a pliers to push out the pins of existing fan, cheap the chip, thermal paste the new hsf, line it up and screw it on!

The instructions are ok, they say in more detail how its done :)

Cheap the chip?

Whats that?

Check?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

that was meant to be 'clean'...dont ask how i completely miss-spelled that, cos i dunno

heh..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

There is an easier way to check. R350 cores will get artifacts on the pixel shader 2 test in 3dmark 2003 where as the r360 cores won't.

BloodBath

Advertisement