Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading Numbers from SIM card

• 12-08-2004 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

I've recently switched from Vodafone to 02, but I can't access the numbers on my old Vodafone handset becuase it says the SIM is invalid.

Some of the numbers were in the phones memory and some where in the SIM, it's a GX10i. The phone on 02 is a T630.

Is there any way at all that I can access the numbers on the old SIM card or phone? It would save a lot of hassle.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

There is a gizmo on Page 984 of the current Argos Book that reads SIM Cards. (I must be sad if I can even quote the page number !!) Costs 9.99

Never used or seen it but it might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Nice one, will pop in over the weekend.

(Ya that's pretty sad that you know the page number alright! :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

surely to u know somebody with a vodafone sim-card/phone? would it not be possible for them to insert their sim into your old phone so you could retrieve the number off the old phone? likewise u could put your old sim into their vodafone phone and retrieve the numbers from the old sim card............or is that too much hassle?

the t630 is a grand phone, i got the z600 their recently which is just the flip-equivalent of the t630.....se are starting to make very good phones.....better than nokia imho

--laoisfan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Well I only switched yesterday so I haven't tried that yet. I should be able to get the numbers of the phone with another Vodafone sim but I don't think I'll be able to get the numbers from my old sim on another phone because it comes up as an invalid sim.

I used to have a Palm M100 that stored all my contacts and I was able to port them over IR, that was pretty handy.

I'm quite happy with the T630 so far. I love the fact that I can get Themes and Wallpapers and Ringtones for free and just transfer them over from the PC using Bluetooth. I'm still getting used to the interface but I'm definetely liking it. Wouldn't mind a bit more memory mind you but there's enough to get by.

-- Edit --
    Here's a good site for downloading ringtones etc.
    http://www.myt610.net/t630/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

what u could do is.........the store you bought the fone in should have a sim-card reader/copier? They should be able to copy your old sim-card to your new one (regardless of network)

yeah the themes/wallpaper are kewl. especially being able to transfer them via bluetooth or infrared. i must say, SE, are producing better phones than Nokia (IMO).

--laoisfan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Guys
    Simply ring customer care and they will tell you to go to main dealer. They have a phone number copier. Done there and then, free of charge. Free replacement of sim card may be required if original card very old. If you are "pay as you go" type, credit balance is transferred as well as phonebook and if memory serves me right, even personal settings. All f o c
    regards
    t

Advertisement