Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is torture ever acceptable?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Torture was one of the reasons why i joined amnesty international, it is a draconian and disgusting practise
    Couldn't agree more
    which has its roots in nazism.
    No, it has its roots in the evolution of life.
    Watch a cat play with a mouse. The cat isn't even looking for information.
    The US soldiers who inflicted torture at abu ghraib deserve to be charged with warcrimes.Rumsfeld should also be made to step down from office.
    Again, couldn't agree more.
    Champ wrote:
    Myself; i've always felt that any forced method used to achieve a goal usually returns inherently flawed results.
    Depends on the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

de5p0i1er wrote:
    Ppl who do things like that don't deserve to be protected I say torture is called for in cases like that where someone could die if you don't find out what you need to know quickley.

and supposing you pick up the wrong person? Or how about you don't manage to pick up the nutjob, but you pick up his friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Cheers for the discussion people - I'll bow out for the time being, until some new points are being made.

For those joining the debate - please read the previous posts first. You are just ignoring the answers to your posts and rehashing old material.

Advertisement