Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets for Saturday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

If anyone has or hears of a spare could they PLEASE email me on ruaidhrio@hotmail.com?

Can't get one for love nor money.

I'd head for Croke Park anyway if I were you, last week there was a glut of tickets available on the day, I know it is a different story this weekend but it's worth a try, that's what I am doing.

OK so it looks like tickets will not be onsale at Croker on Saturday
    The GAA have announced that all tickets for this Saturday's Bank of Ireland football championship quarter final games at Croke Park have
    been distributed, and there will be no general sale of tickets prior to the game from Croke Park. Westmeath will play Derry in the first game at 2pm while the meeting of Kerry and Dublin is at 3.45pm. Patrons please note that GAA.ie only sells Adult tickets online. Family/Juvenile/OAP concession tickets are generally available through participating County Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

I have it from a pretty good source that they are opening the hill for the games on saturday.

Could be wrong, but I think they just put up that notice so that the dubs will all just turn up on the day to fill the hill seeing they think its theirs or something.

Disaster trying to get tickets though - even for sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    Could be wrong, but I think they just put up that notice so that the dubs will all just turn up on the day to fill the hill seeing they think its theirs or something..

It is ours! How could you question it? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

There were reports in Westmeath on tuesday that they were only getting 9,000 tickets. I know they were sold last night, but I didn't hear how many they actually got, so does anyone actually know how many tickets each county got through the county boards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tony The Monkey Child

Its completely ridiculous. These games should never be on together. They would have sold out Thurles and Clones and everyone would have been happy. The GAA are a useless shower of bastards.

By the way, Hill 16 is Dublin only.

Always has been, always will be.

Its completely ridiculous. These games should never be on together. They would have sold out Thurles and Clones and everyone would have been happy. The GAA are a useless shower of bastards.

Ever since the 2nd year of the qualifiers the QFs have been in Croker (So that provincial winners get the chance to play there, as they did when they went directly into the semi finals)
    In the last 2 years they had the QFs on Sun and Mon of the Bank Holiday but this year for what ever reason they originally scheduled them for Aug 1st and Aug 7th, this again changed when the Leinster final went to a replay, so they decided that Mayo and Armagh would play on the 7th no matter what happened.
    They should do something about the fixture list so that the Bank Holiday can be kept for the QFs, and decide the game pairings after the QF draw.

People expected a rush to tickets for last weeks games as 3 northern teams were playing the same day but it did not happen, plenty of tickets were available, perhaps the Tyrone and Armagh crowds had one eye on the semis....poor b*****ds

By the way, Hill 16 is Dublin only.

Always has been, always will be.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The Derry County Board are returning tickets so there should be some available on Friday, possibly even Saturday.

Anyone know how many each county got in the initial allocation? 9,000 seems ridiculous as that would only be half the stadium if all counties got the same (which I presume they do).

• Advertisement
Advertisement