Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTF point changes

Options
  • 02-05-2001 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Discuss.
    I dont like the idea of the point changes. On a balanced game atm, its quite hard to cap the flag, so you get 0-0 games and 1-0 games. This new 25 pts for a cap and 1 pt for a flag 'touch' sounds like bollix to me.
    If your playing a map that is extremly turtle friendly (thin ice for example), then the thing to do now is just defend it and send people in with the express intention of ONLY grabbing the flag, making it 5 yards and getting killed.
    what yis think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Tis interesting and IMO a little unbalance. if they were going to do something like that I dont think 25 point for a cap is right. 10 may be 15 or 5 for a steal(no cap) instead of 1. 1 point for even getting into a base is a tad sad really. basically who ever gets caps the first flag can then sit on the flag for the rest of the game in shield packs and hvys and kill(still scoring) anybody that tries to get in. Especially for indoor flag maps. Outdoor could lend itself more to an offensive team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The problem that the 'fix' trys to address is the imbalance between O and D.
    In tribes 1 this situation cropped up too. a team caps, then 'turtles' (camps up in their base holding thier lead). However, in Tribes one with the mobility of heavy armours and the speed of the game, this was not impossible to overcome. A wave of HO's comes at you, they are dealt with, but they do some damage, by the time the D respawns and eq's (if they can) more offense is on top of them.
    In tribes 2 this doesnt work. A wave of offense comes in , ddoes the damage and is dealt with. Now tho, they need a LOT more time to get back to the nme base. They cant ski in, and it takes time to organise a transport. By the time they get back, the D has completly reorganised. Gens are repaired, and turrets are back up. the O is back to sqaure one.
    Bear in mind this is the way it is currently. with the change to the scoring, it would seem much easier to put 10 people on D to make sure noone caps or gets near the flag and put 6 people on 'flag grab' duty. Ie they just throw themselves at the flag, not caring whether they get away with it at all, just to get the one point for the touch.
    IMHO there are major problems with the gameplay as it is, and this isnt helping.
    They might as well just remove flags and put in buttons to touch. The thrill of a cap for me is the grab AND the escape. Im just afraid that CTF will change forever with this method of scoring.

[This message has been edited by Dustaz (edited 02-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I don't like it. I never had a problem with the way it was before.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

Advertisement