Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEMMY'S Coming! MOTORHEAD At The Ambassador Nov 5th

Options
  • 12-08-2004 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

MOTORHEAD:
    BRAND NEW ALBUM + NOVEMBER TOUR

DUBLIN DATE:
    Friday, November 5th - The Ambassador, DUBLIN

Tickets go on sale this Friday, August 13th.

"They're still in a league of their own…never-bettered slabs of true rock 'n' roll." - KERRANG!

"Nobody comes close to playing the kind of pedal-to-the-metal rock 'n' roll that Motorhead excel at…" - Daily Star

- Featuring:
    Lemmy, Phil Campbell (guitar), Mikki Dee (drums)

Credited by many with the creation of speed metal and thrash metal Motörhead landed their first classic with the title track of the ‘Ace Of Spades’ album in 1980.

This was followed by another milestone release in rock history, ‘No Sleep Till Hammersmith’, a thunderous album that presented the band in their element - live on stage.

Motorhead returned to the music fore with the release of their 2000’s ‘We Are Motorhead’ that was followed up with the album ‘Hammered’.

The band carried out some extensive touring, with which they created and released ‘Live At Brixton Academy - The Complete Concert’ in 2003.

MOTORHEAD released their brand new album, ‘INFERNO’ in late June.

As brutal and uncompromising as ever, INFERNO includes some murderous tracks, including 'The Killers', 'Suicide' and 'Smiling Like A Killer'. "I dealt with the subject of murder from several different perspectives on Inferno…" says Lemmy.

Lemmy is famous for his critical lyrics but consciously steers away from political subjects: "I'm asked why I don't get involved in politics.

The answer is: because all politicians are bastards! Whether in America or Europe, I don't trust any of those idiots. The louder they scream, the more stupid they are. I never write political lyrics, but I do write statements about politicians!"

On Inferno, Lemmy enlisted the assistance of none other than guitar genius Steve Vai, who proves his extraordinary talent on 'Terminal Show' and 'Down On Me'.

Vai has been a confessed Motörhead aficionado for years and demonstrates that his virtuoso style suits Lemmy & Co. just as perfectly as Slash's, who put in a guest appearance with Ozzy Osbourne on March Or Die in the early 90s.

Motörhead also prove that they are able to see beyond the heavy metal genre: 'Whorehouse Blues' is real country blues, while remaining typically Motörhead at the same time.

As well as rocking out the Royal Opera House recently with the band, Lemmy has also recorded a couple of songs with ace up'n'comers YOUNG HEART ATTACK, one of which - their rib-rattling take on AC/DC's Get It Hot - can be heard on the single, Tommy Shots.

www.imotorhead.com

Don’t miss MOTORHEAD Live!

Friday, November 5th – The Ambassador, DUBLIN

Tickets: €44 (inc. booking fee) go on sale this Friday, November 5th from Road, Soundcellar, Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide. For telephone bookings, call the 24 Hour Ticketmaster credit card line on 0818 719 300.

Advertisement