Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy multi-region dvd player in Ireland

Options
  • 12-08-2004 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a place to buy a multi-region dvd player?
    Most retailers seem to only stock region 2 players :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

99.9% of DVD players can be converted to muti-region by means of a remote control code. A google search using the make and model with the work "hack" should provide loads of responses.

However if you are going out to buy one then I'd recommend Munster Sounds (used to be Richer Sounds) near McCurtain street. They have a decent enough range of players and will set it up as multi region for you in the shop. I got my sony DVD player there. The sony's need a specific code which needs a one 4 all remote (or palm pilot) so it was handy to get it done there. I think it was €119 at the time (the Sony Centre were having a sale on the same day and they had the same region 2 only model for €139).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MickahB

Power City do a multi region Mitsubishi, for about 70 Euros. Have one over year and a half, never any problems, region free from the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Check this Philips DVP630 thread in the 'Bargain Alerts' forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=177861

The last paragraph in the initial post mentions multi-region. You can usually find a region-free hack for most players via Google.

Also, read the entire thread for where the Philips DVP630 is available/what price etc.

It seems to be a very good player for the money.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i'll think I'll pop into Munster Sounds on my break. Thanks for the tips guys

Advertisement