Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

me WAS ****ed off!

Options
  • 01-05-2001 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

The other night when I was playing T2 someone [not naming] killed me so that they could steal the flag off me. As you know when you kill you teammate you loose 1 point but if they have the flag and you nick it then capture it you gain 3 points which means you have really gained 2 points :/
    I think if this happens to a person more than 4-5 times with the same team killer the person should be warned but if they continue email the main admin of the server and get them to ban that person. If they check the logs they will be able to see what happened that’s if its true

Another annoying thing:
    I don’t have any objections to stealing Vehicles but what should not be tolerated is blowing up another persons Turret [unless its planted in a pointless place] so that you can plant one of their own. I have lost count of how many times this has happened to me but I do remember kicking my desk and cursing slogans at the person who did it ;(

More and likely the players that do this SH*T don’t even know about the boards but just letting the public know about this f00king problem
    Ta
    morph smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well I know I had an argument with you before in laying turrets. smile.gif I don't recall you saying you were defending the flag, while I said I would.

Then when you laid out the turrets they were in such a way that thier pulse sensors wouldn't of swept the courtyard and sucked 1 turret away from the gens. So I blew them up and re-laid them .

I have no problem not touching the turrets if people tell me they are doing it beforehand. I'm not a mindreader.

Then .... wtf was that person up to last night? I place a turret at the flag at Riverdance (hidden from view) and throw 3 mines down and mention which is the safe route up to the flag. Then someone comes up, steps on mine one, then mine two and dies. They do this 2-3 times in a row. Then they tell me to stop laying mines at our flag because they want to lay a turret? wtf? Like the current turret and motion sensors weren't a giveaway?

Even the NME team had the common sense to clear the mines before coming in, you would think your team would too. Or at the very least listen to the messages.

I pretty much gave up and left after that, because I have no idea what my team was doing but it wasn't going for the flag or defending as we got totally raped.

One mortor guy in front of the base whacking at me, a Sniper to the right and another discing his way in from the left. When they finally take me down and all the defenses I had laid I respawn to find everything destroyed in our base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

NoNo hobbes,

I remember that [santuary biggrin.gif] I thought you were just blowing mine up and planting them in the same area so that you could get the kills

Press the Enter keypad key and then the menu with all the guns etc comes up and then goto "Pack" and pick a "Spiderplant Turret" or "Landspike Turret" then walk onto 1 of those inventory stations and u have the pack. To plant it press "r" but it depends where you are trying to plant it
    morph.ie

You can also press SHIFT+NUMPAD NUMBER. This will change your pack instead of your loadout.

Handy if you need to grab a repair kit or turret really quick and don't want to change your current loadout config.

You can also press NUMPAD numbers to autoselect a loadout, although I haven't been able to get favorites 11-20 to work that way.

Well my problems are solves by the new patch:

Bad Behavior on servers (please prevent these situations):
    a. Destroying equipment + Repairing it (disallow repairing ANY enemy object)
    b. Destroying friendly turrets so that you will get the points (no points for killing friendly turrets)

But on other ways the might be bad frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Does this mean we cant destroy deployed turrets? Screw that, sometimes people deploy turrets in the dumbest places and when td is off you cant get rid of the damn things frown.gif

Haven't played it yet so im not sure confused.gif

Naaa Morph. Personally I could care less about player scores unless it's deathmatch or non team game (Eg. Bounty).

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

you guys are there arguing about other people blowing up your turret's
    I'm still learning how to play the game ffs smile.gif
    and how to get turret's
    the manual in the game is not the best I came accross though :/

Advertisement