Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Freeroll

Options
  • 12-08-2004 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

Here's an interesting one...

I registered for pokerroom.coms freeroll tournament yesterday in a moment of boredom with a dial up connection. The dial up connection usually works out ok so I thought why not... nothing else to do...

Anyway... the dial up connection didn't work out! Despite being able to play the other games and browse the site it seemed to have failed at that vital moment that would have connected me to the tournament, so, off my lonely little chip stack went to play all by itself.

I tried to connect to a different tournament but couldn't and figured it was because I was still "involved" in the freeroll, so I looked up the standings in the freeroll to see how my stack was holding up against the other 1799 competitors. Anyway, I'll cut a long story short...

My unattended stack finished 378th out of 1800! :eek:

So now my question... Who the hell are the other 1422 eejits that I "beat"?

That's shocking stuff!
    I mean, I knew the standard was poor, but come on now!

Still, don't grumble about fish. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I had a simillar experience recently. Was playing a $5 tournie on Party Poker at about 3am, after having come from home a night out (a few sheets to the wind).

Was coming 4th or 5th with about 7 or 8 players remaining, when I fell sound asleep (shame on me!). When I awoke some hours later, I had come 3rd, and won $10. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Aces Suited

You must have been in a Zen poker tournament. "Sometimes to play one must not play"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bmc

You must have been in a Zen poker tournament. "Sometimes to play one must not play"

So now I have a topic for a book... "Zen and the art of Poker"

If only I was a "pro" and had a cool poker name... I could make a fortune...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

"Sometimes to play one must not play"
    I wonder if I had actually remained playing, would I have come 4th, or worse?!

Advertisement