Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the NETGEAR MR814 802.11b Wireless Router any good?

• 12-08-2004 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

NETGEAR MR814 802.11b Wireless Router.

the plan is, to use it to bring together all my PC's. 2 wifi enabled laptops, and a desktop (with onboard ethernet, but no spare PCI slots for a wifi card) and my newly installed IOLBB DSL connection.

i've read a bit about it and know it's got a NAT firewall and some other good security features, but does it have enough, and are they easy(ish) to set up?

does anyone have any experience fo this router they'd like to share/warn me about?

thnx in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

No specific experience, just a general recommendation - get an 11g box. It will still be compatible with your existing 11b gear, and you won't have to upgrade it when you change to 11g.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

was just after a cheap one of now. going very cheap on ebay, so it was my first choice.

I'll be moving house next year (buying first home) and will go for 802.11n then, but just a s a quick fix now, I wanted something I could use with my existing wifi hardware.

thanks for the advise though, it's always welcome.

Advertisement