Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Meteor to Meteor texts msgs for life.

• 12-08-2004 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

It says this offer ends. That means you must have to apply to get it? Has anyone done this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

They've been saying that "this offer ends" for ages now, and what do you know - it's just been extended again! It was originally due to expire last November, then it was extended to the end of June, and I notice from the message on their customer care line that it is now valid until the 30th of September.

The way it works is that if you top-up with €20, you then get free Meteor to Meteor text and picture messages for the next 30/31 days. I've just recently signed up to Meteor, and my last top-up was on the 3rd of this month, so I now have free Meteor to Meteor messages until the 3rd of September. It looks like it runs from the date you top-up to the same date on the following month, although I could be wrong on this. I think this has been mentioned somewhere on this board before...

There is no need to apply for this service, once you become a pre-pay customer, and once you top-up by €20, your account is automatically updated. Meteor send a text to inform you of this, together with the date on which your free texts and picture messages expire.

Hope this helps.

Ciaran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

then why the "for life bit". Is it that its only for customers who sign up before that date?

To be honest its one of their most attractive features at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Akula wrote:
    then why the "for life bit". Is it that its only for customers who sign up before that date?

To be honest its one of their most attractive features at the moment.

Thats what I don't understand...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

It means you will get free texts for life if you become a meteor customer before the date they quote.

All you need to do is put EUR20 in your account a month.

It means you will get free texts for life if you become a meteor customer before the date they quote.

All you need to do is put EUR20 in your account a month.

Excellent. I assume then its based on your number and sim as with a prepaid phone you don't give your details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Excellent. I assume then its based on your number and sim as with a prepaid phone you don't give your details.

Just walk into your local Xtra-vision, pay EUR20. You'll get a sim pack with EUR20 credit (+10bonus the month after!)

Ring 1905 (freephone) ask to switch over. Tell them what ever you want, my name is britney spears etc. They'll say that'll take two hours. But if you ring during the day it only takes 10mins.

Just walk into your local Xtra-vision, pay EUR20. You'll get a sim pack with EUR20 credit (+10bonus the month after!)

Ring 1905 (freephone) ask to switch over. Tell them what ever you want, my name is britney spears etc. They'll say that'll take two hours. But if you ring during the day it only takes 10mins.

Well I bought a prepaid phone earlier, to replace my current one which is acting up. I have to register online to get the full €80 credit. Seemed like a good deal.

Advertisement