Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrysworld Megagame

Options
  • 28-04-2001 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

sweet mother of god.

Imagine this... 80 player server with 50 on.

10 of those people have no idea how to play the game and are shooting up anything that moves.

10 are continually voting to have people kicked.

10 are continually voting to have people admin'ed, or level changed.

5 are voting over and over for team damage to be removed.

1 is making farting noises over the comms system.

3 are stealing bombers and transports before people can get into them.

1 has gone joyriding with the MPB, last seen heading for edge of the map with a bottle of whiskey and half eaten roadmap.

The rest are trying to play the game. mad.gif

goddam annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

They banned me this mornin lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I was on Barrysworld CTF earlier today and the muppetry was severe, masses of players hanging round the vehicle pads and the morons at the station ordering Shrikes, then when someone else stole their shrike they threw a tatrum and shot at it and everyone else. If someone did manage to get to the pad and order a bomber some fool either jumped into the bombadier's seat and dumped the bombs on the vehicle pad or flew it straight into the ground. As well the vehicle pad massacares we had some clever folks mortaring their own base, eugh. Had a good few games on BW last night though after 1 am or so when most of the muppets were in bed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

LOL I was jsut on it...
    good ping for the ammount of people on it though, there is a lot of vote kicking, but people have sense now and vote no smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Tribes 2 is yet another game I can't be bothered playing on public servers I don't have admin on. The level of muppetry on publics is just TOO severe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

The comedy that is a public Tribes2 server
    biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mills:
    I was on Barrysworld CTF earlier today and the muppetry was severe, masses of players hanging round the vehicle ....</font>

OMG... that too. Forget the other team it was like DM at the V-pad.

On point it's my turn up, I jump on and grab a Shrike (there was only 2 lights behind me... k).

So someone behind me felt it was his turn up and started shooting me. He almost killed me when the shrike started to spawn, at that point he stopped and tried to steal it.

I got in first then ran him over, but didn't kill him. I then spun around and shot him to pieces with the Shrike and then said why to everyone. He got kicked 2 minutes later.

What's funny is, the Gen's room + Flag room were pretty well defended, as the newbies are too intrested in shooting stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I thought it was bad this morning, but just had another trip to the BW megagame and later Siege server....... oh dear oh dear oh dear. The megagame server had maybe 24 players and it was running through the siege maps, rounds lasted under a minute for the 2 maps I was on it, the defenders just ponced about and the attackers could stroll in and hit the switch no bother. Then I left there and headed to the Siege server, players there seemed to have more of an idea what they were at........ but on the brown siege map with the 2 generators and the switch while on the attackers team...... we had 2 different people who spent their whole time murdering people around our spawn and blowing up our 2 inv stations, it's shockingly annoying to be shot to pieces by your own team with a chaingun while you go through the dodgy green forcefield things, ARGH!

I think I'll be steering clear of the BW servers in future until 2 or later in the morning, it seems to be better then.

Just came off a few rounds of C+H with Monty in them.

Quite funny, we were on protect first and while they hit our gens a couple of times they seemed more intrested in playing Death Match. Finally it switches, before it does I tell monty I'm hitting south gens, could he hit the north and everyone else attack the control tower.

We did the level in 1 minute 50 seconds. biggrin.gif We co-ordinated it so that we would hit the gens at the exact same time as the assault started on the control tower.

Next level up I managed to make it into the nme base with an INV and set up shop in the downstairs gen then waited for the others blow the backup gens so I could hit the switch. Meanwhile everyone was getting chewed up by my Turrets. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 29-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭TOWN

L0L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

hehehe... the funn thing about that was the 2 guys that were on our team were scared ****less to go any where near the heavy gaurding the cap point...I run by, he fires a mortor after me, it lands at my feet....but its too late,I got to the cap point before it went off...

Behold a pale horse; and his name sat apon him was death, and Hell followed with him

• Advertisement

Gah... BW just annoys me when I'm playing. I always seem to be on the team with all the idiots.

Things like putting a mortor turret on your base turret, so next time a light comes in, the turret blows everything to pieces before it can hit the light.

lol then it just dosnt matter what team your on tongue.gif, eg, before you swapped teams on the previous level my team was fighting at 1:2 odds, it didnt look like that any1 on the bigger team was willing to swap.....

Behold a pale horse; and his name sat apon him was death, and Hell followed with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I was in that game too hobbes member it well. It was truly horrific!! The organised megagames are ok tho when its all the lads from the actual UK League they oen and are deadly sound. well most of them anyways smile.gif

Citer le Cordeau "JennyRooba" :D

Did something quite evil earlier on, on the bw megagame server, I was a juggernaught with a jammer pack which was still active after the havoc I was in was shot down...the others who were with me were picked off as we hit the ground...but I was ignored..but before the jammer ran out I made it to the bottom of the vehical ramp and fired 1 mortor in to the middle of the crowds...I killed 3, the rest must have been complete muppets, they opened up on each other, by the time they figured out what actually happened I was already dead(killed in the cross fire that ensued) and thier vehical pad was destroyed....

Its great exploting the muppetry of the enemy wink.gif

Advertisement