Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallagher & Lynott?

Options
  • 12-08-2004 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hey,

I recently caught sight of a picture with Rory Gallagher and Phil Lynott jamming live together. Anybody heard of this and more importantly, does anyone know if there is a recording of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

think they played at the pnchestown racecourse aorund 82', not sure if it was a festival or what, incidently, rumour has it gary moore will be playing the rory gallagehr festival next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

That's a class picture! Dont suppose there's a tape of the festival going around? I know its a long shot...I've been into most record stores and their blank stares don't reallty help, but I'd really like to get a copy of it.

ive tonnes of rory bootlegs, but dont have that one, im sure theres a tape knocking about somewhere

Cheers iasc!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

man i'd like to hear that jam

Just a quick update. I contacted a representative of Paul Brady's record company. Unfortunately, they do not have a recording of the gig he played with Rory and Phil. Such a damn shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Paul Brady sticks out like a sore thumb in that photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

wow that is madness. if gary moore does play the festival!!not that improbable what with his new album jus out.

Rumour has it Gerry McEvoy and Lou Martin will be there, we could see Gary Moore play a live set with them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Phil Lynott owns

gogul wrote:
    Rumour has it Gerry McEvoy and Lou Martin will be there, we could see Gary Moore play a live set with them!!

gerry mcevoy and lou martin will be where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

When and where is the rory gallagher festival ?

It's in ballyshannon, in 2003 it was late may and this year was early june.
    So next year probabaly any time around then. This year it was on for 4 days.

http://www.goingtomyhometown.com/programme.htm

theres the line-up from this year

its deadly down there, they have an official campsite as well

http://www.irelandnorthwest.ie/detail.asp?memberID=11550

Here's another link to last year's festival. Just have to wait for the new listing. With the 10 yr anniversay of his death, you can bet on one helluva session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Have you seen that some anorak rates the guitar solo from Rory's 'Fuel to the Fire' as the sixth worst of all time?

Bloody cheek!!

They're right about Skynyrd though. :-)

Have you seen that some anorak rates the guitar solo from Rory's 'Fuel to the Fire' as the sixth worst of all time?

Bloody cheek!!

They're right about Skynyrd though. :-)

ah thats just the bigegst load of crap ive ever heard

*shakes fist in anger*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

John2 wrote:
    Paul Brady sticks out like a sore thumb in that photo

is that cos he's still alive? ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

There MUST be a recording of it somewhere....I hate finding things like that and not being able to hear it....

I was supposed to go to the festival this year, but sadly it interupted my leaving cert...stupid exams. SO going next year....with my dad....and some other Rory fans. Who are yes, all my dads friends. Stupid youth of today not appreciating the LEGEND that is Rory Gallagher!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

im a youth of today respecting the music of rory, down cork way there is rakes o rory fans we even have the rory gallagher cafe, taste

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Don't forget Rory Gallagher Corner in Temple Bar, I wish I had a corner named after me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CKY

actaully theres a gud few rory fans around

but then u see them take out his cd and put on megedeth n all kinda nonsense

CKY wrote:
    actaully theres a gud few rory fans around

but then u see them take out his cd and put on megedeth n all kinda nonsense

ah thats the good thing about Rory fans, they usually have hugely different tastes in Music, he attracts all sorts, blues fans, rockers, metal heads
    like a bit of rory and megadeth meself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CKY

gud point i guess.never really givin time to megadeth myself

anyways back on topic...heres my lil input

http://www.hwcn.org/~ab950/lizzy3/rory1.html

Ok. So, we have photos and a set list. There has to be some recording bootleg or otherwise out there!!

On another note, picked up a copy of Of the Boards after losing my original copy. Man, I forgot how good that was!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Yes there is a bootleg recording of the Rory and Phil jam from Punchestown gig 82.
    3 songs off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I see you've resurrected a 6 year old thread, but I'd really like to get my hands on a copy of that photo. Anyone know where I can get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭dasdog

Six years :pac: I have a copy of this at home (I've a fair few Lizzy/Lynott/Grand Slam boots). Three songs, July 18th 1982 and also featuring Paul Brady.

Probably the pick of what's on youtube:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I see you've resurrected a 6 year old thread, but I'd really like to get my hands on a copy of that photo. Anyone know where I can get it?

Yes do you want a professional copy from the negative ?
    Or a free copy of a smaller size.
    Whats your email.

Advertisement