Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dial-up Ping Problem

Options
  • 12-08-2004 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Since now my ping has been fine with 56K (well 31.2K i should say), i get around 200. But recently all i have been getting is 999 :mad: . No one is calling in, all other programs have been ended and i am downloading nothing . Anyone know what the problem could be? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Hi Stormfox1020,

I assume you mean that your ping times have increased from 200ms to 999ms? Well it could be a multitude of things:

1. Line-speed (are you actually getting 31.2k throughput)
    2. Remote server problems (not your line - who are you pinging and how is this connected to you ISP)
    3. Routing problem, e.g. ISP more so than youself.

The ultimate test is to ping the PPP server that authenticated you at this should be at the end of the phone line so to speak and will confirm if it's a problem with your line/software/setup or the ISP routing/server.

JayoK

Advertisement