Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 reasons for me to get tribes?

Options
  • 27-04-2001 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

cos TFC sucked after CS, which sucks after DoD, which is crap without an irish server, and i'm owed a birthday present, (19th sat 28th, mad hatter, blackrock, your not invited)

i'm thinking of looking into tribes (since it robbed my fu<kin favourite server)

gimme some reasons why it beats HL multiplayer in no more than 300 words

"The post you have just read is true... and by true, I mean false, it's all lies... but they're entertaining lies, and in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer... is no..."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

*sigh* on my way, though teknikaly, thats only nine

"The post you have just read is true... and by true, I mean false, it's all lies... but they're entertaining lies, and in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer... is no..."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

ok.
    10 1/2) Having tribes 2 makes you more attractive to women.

well that seals the deal...

---
    hey sweetheart, wanna sit on my lap as i play tribes 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

1) Jetpack
    2) Team size
    3) Level size

Hmmm. Ill give more later.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

4) Good Vehicles
    5) Good Game Modes
    6) It's the sequel to tribes, which was, in my oppinion the best multiplayer game ever.
    7) If you have a PC to back them up, brilliant graphics.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Advertisement

8) Multiple deployables
    9) Multiple roles
    10) Jetpacks (again).

now get yer self down to EB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

10 3/4> Tribes is proven to revitalise the skin and hair. And prolong life.

It's dont wonders for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Lol! smile.gif

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Sorry - I can confirm that it won't make you more attractive to women.

My girlfriend says it's:

"excessively teenage-y" [Censoring is "g e y" btw]

I say:

"but darling, you love my youthful sense of fun"

She says:

"...yeah right..."

[This message has been edited by Kix (edited 01-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Kix I though your girlfriend was more of a kid that you smile.gif (dont tell her I said that). but on the more attractive to girls/women front that is a blant mis-truth. In fact it will make girls mad at you and you will not see girls anymore due to its addictive qualities (its the new number one cause in marrige breakups smile.gif ) and hey if you need to hear a womens voice there is always one in the game smile.gif . Also this game can incite you to violance due to the fact if you share only one phone line with another T2 palyer fist fights breakout over who gets to play each night smile.gif All in all its well worth the money and will give you hours and hours on end of eurphoria smile.gif due to the team play element. Just imagine playing soccer online where your team and the nme are all real players. Now imagine each player with a vast array of weapons if you can imagine that and think that would be a cool team play game multiply that by 10 and you get close to how cool t2 is online.

kayos

PS any map makers think they could do a soccer mod??? "Oh my word Keane just mowed down his whole team with that chaingun smile.gif "

• Advertisement

There was an american football mod for T1, it was fun for about 5 mins smile.gif

gettin it tommorrow(wed) or saturday, assuming it passes the netshop/dnc test...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Is it just me or does it look very very like Tribes 1. I'm not saying don't buy it or play it but...

www.doesnotcompute.ie
    www.gamire.com

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by meglome:
    Is it just me or does it look very very like Tribes 1. I'm not saying don't buy it or play it but...

</font>

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! biggrin.gif

The graphics are WAY more advanced and stuff is tweaked, but essentially, they're almost the same looking.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)

So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"

[honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness

The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

oooh, ooooh, ooooh, hang on, will this run any with degree of success on a 56k modem or am i to live in DNC?

i have 350mhz and 128ram with TNT2 Ultra, will itrun the blighter without seizing up?

i have a p3 500 tnt2 and 196mgs ram. It runs good enough for jazz, nothing spectacular like, but good enough. 30 fps dropping to 10 or 15 in fights.
    Modem performance seems good on the gameshop server.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by theCzar:
    oooh, ooooh, ooooh, hang on, will this run any with degree of success on a 56k modem or am i to live in DNC?</font>

No need to move house yet me-laddo!

The NetCode is fantastic. You will go a bit haywire once every so often, but I play quite well off a 56K (as does my housemate).

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

/me thanx you all for your comments, some even helpful...

i'll have (stock allowing) it for lunch tommorrow, then you can be cruel and kill my newbie ass

Advertisement