Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tickets Farce

• 12-08-2004 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Its been an absolute FARCE trying to get tickets for the hurling match on sunday.

My da's been up and down to wexford park where there have been MASSIVE queues (some people actually staying out all night to get tickets the next morning). He queued for ages yesterday only to be told that the only tickets they had were at the fecking canal end! (and for 40 fecking quid!)

I called Croker and was told I could just call up and get em this evening (was assured there were plenty of tickets for both stands), then called my da and told him I'd get instead.

Now the GAA have announced that they've sold out their quota, and will only have tickets returned from the clubs on sale tomorrow.

So now I'm running about like a fecking headless chicken. then my da calls and says he's after getting tickets on the 40 yrd line in the upper deck of the cusak stand!

What the fcuk? The GAA sold off the sh1tty ones at the canal end first coz they knew the fans would pay full price for them. So even after queueing for hours on end, they get the worst tickets, but if they waited till this evening, (when there wasnt even a queue) they wouldve got nice tickets like me.

Whats wrong with that picture?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Apparantly only 38,500 tickets of the 69,000 available for saturdays double header made it to the participating counties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

There is nothing wrong with the canal end. I was in the upper canal last sunday (with about 50 others in total) and I had a great view. The first few rows in the lower deck may not be the best for seeing the other side of the field but other than that there is nothing wrong with it.

I can't see it being a sell-out either so tickets shouldn't be a huge problem.

The football though will be a different story on saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I had no problem getting tickets for the Wexford game, and never have trouble getting tickets for any hurling match(except all-ireland final)!

All of my friends who are going also have tickets for the Wexford match! You just aren't going to the right people, I would be really surprised if that game was a sell out! There is no farce, are you a member of a club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

All the tickets for the Semi-final are €40.

I'd prefer to be in the Canal End than outside!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

That my whole point - you have to be "In the know" to get decent tickets for the matches these days.

My da is friendly with George O'Connor (from the old wexford team) so we usually have had no problem getting tickets.

I'm not a member of a club and I live in dublin, but go to every wexford match during the year. Just pisses me off - the radios and everything were announcing yesterday that all tickets had sold out and stuff. This obviously caused a bit of a momentary panic.

The GAA are a shower of badly organised greedy bastids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Yes, but the games are brilliant and there is nothing like being there!

Advertisement