Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a Nokia 6230 on Contract

• 12-08-2004 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Anybody know anywhere to get a Nokia 6230 on contract with any network. Nowhere seems to have them in stock and dont want to pay the crazy price for simfree.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Dub Wireless reported a shortage of the handsets, also its only available on O2 at the moment, Vodafone don't expect to release it until the end of the month, they can't get it to work with Wap 2.0 on their network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

irish1 wrote:
    they can't get it to work with Wap 2.0 on their network.

The only specific problem I have seen mentioned here is a problem regarding *174#. No one mentioned that they cannot get it working for WAP 2.0. The fact they have released the 6820 which is a similar handset with similar software and also WAP 2.0, I doubt the 6230 problem is WAP 2.0 related. Doubt it!!

The only specific problem I have seen mentioned here is a problem regarding *174#. No one mentioned that they cannot get it working for WAP 2.0. The fact they have released the 6820 which is a similar handset with similar software and also WAP 2.0, I doubt the 6230 problem is WAP 2.0 related. Doubt it!!
    LOL you don't give up do you, well if it's wap 2.0 that is the problem then 5 employees at Vodafone lied to me.

lol
    Also I doubt the reason they would prevent a phone becoming available to bill pay customers is down to *174# seen as only RTG customers use that!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

my guess regarding vodafone is that they can't get stock at all and if they tell people there are technical issues with it they are hoping it will scare people away from taking out the phone with o2 if they do indeed have it.

Akula wrote:
    my guess regarding vodafone is that they can't get stock at all and if they tell people there are technical issues with it they are hoping it will scare people away from taking out the phone with o2 if they do indeed have it.
    Ah but when I spoke to a Vodafone supervisor I asked her was the the issue with the phone or the network and she said the network!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

fair point.

But the perception in the eyes of the average consumer could be that "network problems" could extend to everybody.

It is prob a combination. Some minor issues and they aren't rushing to sort it since there aren't any stocks of them yet anyway.

Akula wrote:
    fair point.

But the perception in the eyes of the average consumer could be that "network problems" could extend to everybody.

It is prob a combination. Some minor issues and they aren't rushing to sort it since there aren't any stocks of them yet anyway.

Well Expansys.ie is showing
    Nokia 6230 (Graphite)
    €491.95 (406.57 exc.)
    36 In Stock

Advertisement