Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matrix Box set

• 12-08-2004 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

I've been looking foward to this for a while. They announced what the set will contain:

Disk 1 - The Matrix (digitally remastered and recolored)
    Disk 2 - The Matrix Revisited (The SAME disc already released)
    Disk 3 - The Matrix Reloaded
    Disk 4 - The Matrix Reloaded Revisited
    Disk 5 - The Matrix Revolutions
    Disk 6 - The Matrix Revolutions Revisited
    Disk 7 - The Animatrix (The SAME disc already released)
    Disk 8 - The Roots of the Matrix
    Disk 9 - The Burly Man Chronicles
    Disk 10 - The Zion Archive

sounds a lot better then what was first expected. where it's not marked, the disc will be re-done with new extra features. the movies themselves will remain the exact same. if you already own the 3 movies, you'll have to keep them because all the extra's here are completely new (except where marked).

there'll be 2 editions, a normal one with the 10 discs, and a more expensive one with a neo statue thing and an 80-page "never before seen" art book. the non-expensive one is set to retail at about $60, probably running the expensive one at about $80... which is similar in euro.

/matrix nerd post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

glad i held off buying any of the dvd's so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

seems that the £7.99 i paid for the 1st matrix was wasted

when is it due btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

**** forgot that part...

it's slated for a december release but there's no proper date as of yet. i should probably mention there'll be 2 commentary tracks for the movies. 1 of them will be by philosophers, the other will be done by critics who hated the movies (a nice move, i thought). so there ya go...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

what a bummer!

I have all 3 movies and the animatrix on dvd! Feck it anyway.

I was thinking that they were pretty useless for extras and stuff. Ah. Might just buy it for someone as a pressy this christmas and watch it meself first.

Nice boxset to have though.

Wonder will they do the same for lord of the rings extended versions (hope not - have the first 2 already!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

i should probably mention there'll be 2 commentary tracks for the movies. 1 of them will be by philosophers, the other will be done by critics who hated the movies (a nice move, i thought). so there ya go...
    Is this for all 3 movies? Because, with the second and third, surely the philosophers will have to stiffle their guffaws of laughter when discussing the "philosophy"? And won't it be awkward listening to the critics who hated the movie because it'll be heard to distinguish the 10,000 who did? It makes some kind of sense though because they'd have been hard pressed to find a critic who did like the second and third...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 serpeh1

this will finish off the collection nicely. will be geting the edition with the model - hope fully it will be of the same quality as the mini busts by gentle giants , which were amazing. i recently collected them all in spain for €30 each. limited edition only 8000 made. anyone else collect these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    Wonder will they do the same for lord of the rings extended versions (hope not - have the first 2 already!)

I don't think so. I'd say the box set for each movie is the finished version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I can't until they release the super-matrix box set featuring all of the above plus an additional offical matrix dog turd wrapped in cling film and a ten foot tall statue of keanu reeves cracking off a posh one over the millions of dollors from cashing in on the second and third films which to my mind were two of the most dissapointing excuses for movies in motion picture history.

Matrix was a classic.
    Anamatrix was brilliant.
    the other 8 DVDs are pretencous monkey spunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Yea, ive had that on my amazzon wish list for a while now, catn wait for it to come out, although a lot of it does seem a bit unnecesary....good price on amazon for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i held off buying cauyse i knw there would be a box set but uif u like a movie enough u will buy it again.

Ive bought kill bill 1 and 2 i also plan to buy kill bill 1 special edition and the box set with them both but first i need a job.....

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Shame they aint going include the footage from the PS2 vido game enter the matrix. I never actually seen any but perhaps it might of made matrix reloaded a different movie (worse or better)

the enter the matrix footage will be on the dvd, but it will be a seperate "view all" or "select scene" feature, rather then mixing it into the actual film.

Advertisement