Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outdoor Antenna in Bettystown(bbc,utv, ch4)

• 12-08-2004 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9

I moved into an existing property with Antenna that owner says received UTV, BBC1, BBC2 etc.)

I plugged his coax into my tv and can't tune in the stations. I also tried my video tuner and dvd recorder tuner and could stillnot pick them up.

I couldn't even receive decent rte1, rte2, tv3 and tg4 with it.

Is there something with TV or some device Ineed to buy?

Cheers
    amcell

amcell@hotmail.com :rolleyes:

Comments

You need a working amp and a plugged in power supply unit on that aerial.
    Best get a local dealer to look at it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 amcell

thought the previous owner would've mentioned the need. Bit strange. Will check with dealer. Thanks

Had a chat with Previous Owner and looks like he took the amp with him. Nostalgia maybe?

Thanks again.

Amcell :rolleyes:

will the following amplifier below suit most aerials or do you think i need to check actual aerial on roof for type etc?

Also Is this all I need or do i need a diplexing outlet??? as well

Cheers

Amcell
    6x12dB Aerial Distribution Amplifier

Antiference

View this product's FAQs

The A260L is an ultra-wide band FM/UHF distribution amplifier for small domestic systems. It features high gain, exceptional output capability and separate FM/UHF aerial input sockets. These inputs are combined and distributed to all 6 outputs. Where any of these outlets are intended for a TV and radio, it is recommended that you use a diplexing outlet. The amplifier also features an automatic line-power facility which will deliver 12Vdc to the UHF input when it detects the presence of a masthead amplifier.
    · Two filtered inputs: UHF suitable for analogue and digital terrestial TV VHF suitable for FM and digital radio (DAB)
    · Automatic line-power for masthead amplifiers
    · Professional ‘F’ connectors throughout
    Specification:
    VHF UHF
    Freq. range (MHz) 45-230 470-860
    Gain splits(dB) 10 12
    Noise (dB) 4 4
    Isolation split-split(dB) 27 26
    Max. output (dBµV) 86 88
    impedance ( Ohms) 75 75
    Mains supply 230Vac ±10% 50Hz
    Line power 12Vdc 30mA negative earth

Should do assuming that there is a mast head amp on the aerial
    and a combiner of sorts.
    Do you have 2 aerials one for Irish and the other for UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

amcell if you go into Drogheda and go to Wesco in the donore road industrial estate,ask them for a 12v power unit.It will set you back no more than E20.They are open till 1pm tomorrow.

Thanks guys, I was just about to fork out €65 in maplins.

Also got a masthead amplifier to try only to discover it had no power supply.
    Returned that one.

The original owner had a Mercury Telecraft Amplifier which i now know powers both input and output. The indoor booster I had looked identical to the telecraft one but was only for boosting cable signal.

Cheers

Amcell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aersat

Amcell

Unless the previous owner climbed up on the roof and took down the masthead amp,which I doubt,all you should need is a power supply unit.
    As mentioned previously,try "Wesco`s" in Drogheda. ;)

Advertisement