Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

99 reasons not to play Neocron 2

• 12-08-2004 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Welp, every bad thing people have been anticipating about NC2 has just been confirmed...

Read this and make up your own opinions.

If anyone doesnt want to read it, and would prefer a summary, just reply and ill write one up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

For new players it probably won't be that big a deal, but it does totally fuk over the current playerbase.

I see there may not even be a 1 character english server.

I've cancelled all my extra accounts. Just have one account now. There is no point to have them anymore.

Also the game is going to die until NC2 comes out as who will play knowing they are going to loose all their stuff.

Heh, its bedlam in the game now. Currency has collapsed in game as it is getting wiped.

it gets better.. appears the new billing system only allows certain countries to play.

Ireland not being one of them.

Edit: update. They rang click2pay, and have a promise this won't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

I won't even open my mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

who cares its a crap game anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well if this is a proper sequal and not just an expansion why would players not have to start over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Venom wrote:
    Well if this is a proper sequal and not just an expansion why would players not have to start over?
    Because its not a proper sequel.

Venom wrote:

It isn't. It started off as a free expansion to be release a few months after retail. Then it was held off, some of it went to test server.

Then a few months ago they said it was being released as an expansion, and that people would have to pay a little extra but people with extra accounts wouldn't get screwed over.

Then it was being released as a new game but people would have to pay for each account.

Then they said characters were being wiped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Hobbes wrote:
    It isn't. It started off as a free expansion to be release a few months after retail. Then it was held off, some of it went to test server.

Then a few months ago they said it was being released as an expansion, and that people would have to pay a little extra but people with extra accounts wouldn't get screwed over.

Then it was being released as a new game but people would have to pay for each account.

Then they said characters were being wiped.

Thats pretty crap but I was wondering where all the original SWG Dev retards moved to so I guess I know now.

That said, I will still be giving NC2 a go, but they have really fuked over the community.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

I'm Also Going To Give This Super Game A Try, Looks And Sounds Very Promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Been playing the beta for the past few weeks and is say it was worth the wait with NC2 going open beta tommorrow the final upgrades have been installed WoC and OPs and so on the higher level content of the game .

What can i say but try it yourself if ya liked NC1 you will like this.

Advertisement