Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Offline Survey

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

done and well done to you all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

We have well over 300 responses right now and that's.... well, that's bloody magnificent, but we need more... lots more. Please, please, get your mom and your dad and your cousin Jim and that guy Paul you met one night when you were locked, and Micky and Tracy and every man and woman jack you ever met to complete this survey. We need the ammunition to have a go off those nasty sods that're screwing us at every turn. Really guys, push it, drive on! Go for it! :)

(Did I sound like yellum there? :))

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

dahamsta wrote:
    (Did I sound like yellum there? :))

Deepen the voice a bit and stop waving about the wrists and you'll have me down to a t. Bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Intro changed to
    "Welcome to the Ireland Offline survey.

Please help us understand the current consumer experience and perception of telecoms in Ireland today.

IrelandOffline is an independent lobbying group set up to bring about real change in the internet access market in Ireland. Through our work Ireland has finally started getting broadband and affordable internet access on a limited scale. We want to keep working to get a quality and affordable broadband net access to everyone that wants it.

You do not need to be part of IrelandOffline to partake in this survey, we want everyone in Ireland to have their say.

Thank You

Ireland Offline

Note: This survey is adaptive so the answer to one question will affect the questions you are asked later e.g. someone who is unemployed will not be asked about their work internet access. If you have broadband then you are asked broadband related questions."

Question 5
    Was "Are you a member of IrelandOffline?"

Now "Are you a member of IrelandOffline? (Being on the mailing list means you are a member) "

Question 7
    Was "Will you use a proxy to vote on your behalf at the EGM?"

Now "Will you use a proxy to vote on your behalf at the EGM? (Allow someone else present to vote for and on your behalf)"

Question 30
    Was "How would you rate the following statement.
    "I am happy with my current service provider"

Now "How would you rate the following statement.
    "I am happy with my current Internet Service Provider (the company you get Internet access from)"

Question 43
    Was "If you wish to leave contact details you can do so here or add any other comments."

Now "Please leave your thoughts about IrelandOffline and/or the internet access situation in Ireland here. You can also leave your contact details or any other comments"

Added new Question at end "If you are not on the IrelandOffline mailing list but wish to be; please supply your email address here. (We do not share email addresses with any third party) "

john

Updated the first EGM question to put "Extraordinary General Meeting" in brackets, because a couple of people don't seem to know what it meant.

Changed "CAP" to "download/upload allowance" in Q32.

• Advertisement

400 Responses and climbing

Not bad for 48 hours and minimal exposure.

Can't wait to see what happens when we issue the press release and fire off the mailshot :D

John

bumpidee bump

John

jwt wrote:
    bumpidee bump

John

700, yay !

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

damien.m wrote:
    700, yay !
    This is becoming a big enough survey to attract media attention.

I suggest that the results do not be disclosed here, save them for the EGM and then do a major press release with the results and (hopefully) IOFFL's forward strategy.

DonegalMan wrote:
    This is becoming a big enough survey to attract media attention.

I suggest that the results do not be disclosed here, save them for the EGM and then do a major press release with the results and (hopefully) IOFFL's forward strategy.

Yep thats the plan alright, already got my wrist slapped for mentioning interim results earlier in this thread :D so we'll hold off till the EGM.

After that its carrot and stick time with the survey to all interested parties. :D

John

• Advertisement

jwt wrote:
    bumpidee bump
    Why are you having to bump this - surely the mods can make it a sticky?

IMHO, this survey is one of the most important things that IOFFL ahs done recently.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier - are we sure that all members got the email about it? I didn't, even though I'm one of the first registered members :)

I've since gone and re-registered but I only knew to do that because I'm a frequenter of Boards which many members aren't

Martin Harran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

DonegalMan wrote:
    Why are you having to bump this - surely the mods can make it a sticky?

People pay less attention to stickies than they do to regular threads. Also, in the absence of a sitewide announcement, this gets in onto the 20 most recent threads more often, which gives it that little bit of exposure to the non-regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

What he said ^

Almost 800 surveys now. We need that magical 1000 !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

damien.m wrote:
    Almost 800 surveys now. We need that magical 1000 !
    Any word on that sitewide announcement?

DonegalMan wrote:
    Also, I forgot to mention earlier - are we sure that all members got the email about it? I didn't, even though I'm one of the first registered members :)
    There may have been an issue with the first newsletter - personally I doubt it affected more than a few dozen subscribers - but I've had no reported issues about the second, which contained the survey annoucement. Is it possible you subbed with a different address previously, which is no longer active, or it was trapped by filters? It can be notoriously difficult to get things like newsletters through the gauntlet these days.
    Nope. I believe Damien asked DeVore to do it last week, but they were running that Boardstock announcement and I'd imagine they didn't want to bump it. It ain't like the old days. *sob* :)

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    There may have been an issue with the first newsletter - personally I doubt it affected more than a few dozen subscribers - but I've had no reported issues about the second, which contained the survey annoucement. Is it possible you subbed with a different address previously, which is no longer active, or it was trapped by filters?
    adam
    My previous email address was ok because I received Christian's announcement just before the AGM.

I resubscribed on 15th Aug with a new email address. Looking again, I receieved two copies of the second newsletter on 16th, the headers don't show a specific 'to' address but I'm pretty sure one of them was on my old email and one on the new one, so I'm now on the list twice.

Martin

I've asked twice now.

The cool 1000 mark arrives in 10,9,8 ......

1000 !!! Wooo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

done ;)

Advertisement