Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US Military Clears A-Team Of ALL Charges!

• 12-08-2004 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

WASHINGTON, DC—After more than 30 years spent hiding in the Los Angeles underground as wanted criminals, the members of the crack commando unit Alpha Team, commonly known as the A-Team, were cleared of all charges brought against them by the U.S. military, an army official announced Monday.......

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4032&n=1

About time...... cos we ALLLLL love it when a plan comes together.... RIP Hannibal.... hehehehehehehee :D

::: ven0mous :::

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

article2913.jpg

DANM FOOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

'while the original members of the A-Team have been exonerated, the same cannot be said for Frankie "Dishpan" Santana, a special-effects expert who helped the team escape Stockwell's clutches in 1986. Santana, who remains charged with dereliction of duty, desertion, and insubordination, spoke with reporters from a holding pen at Fort Bragg.

"I suppose it would be too much to ask the guys to break me out now that they're finally legit," Santana said. "If I'm lucky, maybe they'll put me in a cell that has a blowtorch in it for some reason, or air ducts large enough to crawl through. Or maybe they'll just do a sloppy job of guarding me—but that may be too much to ask."

Within hours of his interview, Santana escaped using a blowtorch to open the cell's air ducts while the guards were having lunch in a different room. His whereabouts are currently unknown'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"After more than 30 years spent hiding in the Los Angeles underground" - I'd love to know how they did this. The LA subway was only opened in 1993 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They were just that good, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

does that mean the coalition of iraq will be replaced by the a-team...i mean they can defend/control the whole country by themselves. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i pity da fool!!! gwan the A-TEAM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

No Planes!

No Planes!

{Hhmm maybe we'll have to put something in his milk}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Big Ears wrote:
    {Hhmm maybe we'll have to put something in his milk}
    hmm gotta love this airport milk

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Big Ears wrote:
    'while the original members of the A-Team have been exonerated, the same cannot be said for Frankie "Dishpan" Santana, a special-effects expert who helped the team escape Stockwell's clutches in 1986. Santana, who remains charged with dereliction of duty, desertion, and insubordination, spoke with reporters from a holding pen at Fort Bragg.

"I suppose it would be too much to ask the guys to break me out now that they're finally legit," Santana said. "If I'm lucky, maybe they'll put me in a cell that has a blowtorch in it for some reason, or air ducts large enough to crawl through. Or maybe they'll just do a sloppy job of guarding me—but that may be too much to ask."

Within hours of his interview, Santana escaped using a blowtorch to open the cell's air ducts while the guards were having lunch in a different room. His whereabouts are currently unknown'.

Santana was no A-Teamer, he should rot!!

If I remember correctly, in his first appearance he tried to double cross them..... bastard.

flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

You'd wonder how the A-Team were even regarded as being so good. In all the years of the show I don't think they ever hit one person with their shooting! It was amazing too , how a car or a truck would be sent flying into the air by hitting a shrub on the side of the road. :rolleyes:

No matter how many shows you watched the A-Team always had the same basic plot:

Bad guys give goods a roasting
    Good guys hire A-Team
    A-Team give bad guys a surprise roasting
    Bad guys give A-Team a roasting
    A-Team give bad guys a final and decisive roasting
    Cue music!

Having said all that, it was fun to watch! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Murdoch wasn't even accused of said crime, so how can he now be getting pardoned for it?

Hmmm, I smell something fishy here! Don't be surprised if Bush gets re-elected on the back of this PR stunt.

Pigman II wrote:
    Murdoch wasn't even accused of said crime, so how can he now be getting pardoned for it?

Hmmm, I smell something fishy here! Don't be surprised if Bush gets re-elected on the back of this PR stunt.

no this means it is a trick and the A-team better be careful .

remember Murdoch is crazy and dosent know he hasnt been accused of anything .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Big Ears wrote:
    no this means it is a trick and the A-team better be careful .

remember Murdoch is crazy and dosent know he hasnt been accused of anything .

Don't worry, the A-Team will be ok if Bush double-crossed them.

Remember BA and co have a van-ful of M16s that don't shoot straight. As such they are already better equiped than the Iraqi's were.

Pigman II wrote:
    Don't worry, the A-Team will be ok if Bush double-crossed them.

Remember BA and co have a van-ful of M16s that don't shoot straight. As such they are already better equiped than the Iraqi's were.

maybe they will shoot at some of bush's forces in a helicopter , the helicopter will crash into a tall building/mountain , but the people in the helicopter will be ok .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There was one episode where someone actually died. No, really. Some game warden in Africa somewhere got shot, then his body was put in his jeep and pushed off a cliff, where the jeep burst into flames twice, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Sarky wrote:
    There was one episode where someone actually died. No, really. Some game warden in Africa somewhere got shot, then his body was put in his jeep and pushed off a cliff, where the jeep burst into flames twice, for some reason.

There was another.

Man from U.N.C.L.E. crossover episode Robert Vaughn shot and killed the blond guy (Ilya Kuriakin?) from the man from U.N.C.L.E.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

There was another.

Man from U.N.C.L.E. crossover episode Robert Vaughn shot and killed the blond guy (Ilya Kuriakin?) from the man from U.N.C.L.E.

what? UNCLE cross over? what on earth are you talking about? Robert Vaughn was in the A Team but not as the Man from UNCLE... unless he was in it as 2 different characters.

anyway.. I heard the first episode was quite violent, and they toned it down after that, but I dont think this was true, anyone know for sure?

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

By far the most irritating internet advert I have encountered in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

flogen wrote:
    what? UNCLE cross over? what on earth are you talking about? Robert Vaughn was in the A Team but not as the Man from UNCLE... unless he was in it as 2 different characters.

anyway.. I heard the first episode was quite violent, and they toned it down after that, but I dont think this was true, anyone know for sure?

flogen

It was the basic "The "insert name here" affair" type thing.
    Actually decided to google it.

from http://www.ateamshrine.co.uk

The Say U.N.C.L.E Affair
    Series 5: Episode 6 (91)
    Original Air Date (US): October 31st 1986.
    Written by: Terry D. Nelson
    Directed by: Michael O'Herlihy

Stockwell is captured by a rogue colleague and the A-Team have just 18 hours to rescue him. Failure will mean the Team will never receive their pardons.

Ivan is played by David McCallum who also starred with Robert Vaughn as Ilya Kiriakin in The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Guest Stars:
    >> Ivan - David McCallum
    >> Borofsky - Eric Goldner
    >> Kwai Li - James Saito
    >> Lydia - April Wayne
    >> Reynolds - Toni Attel

• Advertisement
Advertisement