Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SP2 for XP blocking IE?

Options
  • 12-08-2004 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

XP pro, fresh install from the weekend. SP1 and 2 (duh :p).

I use Firefox exclusively, so I didn't notice this until last night, when I needed IE to test some things. Near as far as I can tell IE isn't detecting my network settings at all.

I've gone into Internet Options-> LAN Settings and made sure "Automatically detect settings" was checked.

Windows itself has my network set up fine. My IE is the latest, patched version. It crashed tonight when I tried to go to Google, and and it gave me the below error:
    zAppName : iexplore.exe     szAppVer : 6.0.2900.2180     szModName : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0     offset : 00000000

The Events log gave me somewhat more detail:
    Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

hungapp seems to be the culprit. Going by Google, it seems to be the problem in a lot of program crashes, but so far I've seen nothing about resolving this except the generic reply of "reformat." Has anyone else here run into this since patching XP?

EDIT: Oh, and its not my firewall. I've the new built-in firewall turned off as its sorta crap and I made doubly sure my firewall (Sygate) was letting IE through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Finally Microsoft made a good decision and just completly blocked IE. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Finally Microsoft made a good decision and just completly blocked IE. :D

lol, I said the same on a windows-lovers board and got my pants set on fire in return.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Wow thats a great update I will download service pack 2 immeadiatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

The weirdest bit for me is the Anarchy Online launcher uses IE to load its news page and it works perfectly there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

No problems with IE on my PC. I have SP2 installed as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement