Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom winback back at it again

Options
  • 12-08-2004 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Just had an eircom winback guy around, need to vent spleen...

When asked about wholesale line rental he said "it's bull****, it'll never happen". when he wanted to change my calls back to Eircom and leave my DSL with UTV he said "not a problem, loads of people have done it. It's actually illegal for UTV to make you use their telephony service." When quizzed about port transfer, he hadn't a bloody clue (despite the fact he turned up in a van with eircom broadband smeared all over the side of it.

I wonder how long it'll be before I get a letter thanking me for returning to Eircom? Despite the fact I sent him packing...

Oh yeah, I did the survey...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

rymus wrote:
    I wonder how long it'll be before I get a letter thanking me for returning to Eircom? Despite the fact I sent him packing....
    Did you have your videocam in your hand while he was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Split from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

sorry moriarty, clicked on the vent spleen button without first considering what thread I was in.

Unfortunately no Ripwave, I didn't even think to get my mp3 player and record the conversation in a covert manner. The thing that struck me as odd is that when he introduced himself on the doorstep, he said "some of your neighbours asked me to call round". I dont know any of the bloody neighbours, not well enough to get them to sick the winback on me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My sister and her boyfriend have had several eircom doorstep experiences since they re-routed thier calls through Sprint or similair. The ammount of business they (eircom) would have lost can be meaured in single numbers per month! Meanwhile I've taken what was once 150 euro per bill buisness to UTV and have'nt been visited once!

Mike.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mike65 wrote:
    My sister and her boyfriend have had several eircom ......
    Meanwhile I've taken what was once 150 euro per bill buisness to UTV and have'nt been visited once!

Mike.

Well lets face it with the damage utv are doing to themselves at the moment their competitors are probably happy enough to leave well enough alone!
    :rolleyes: Not getting much over 100kbps now and thats on the supposedly lower contention rate. I could be paying 5 euro a month less to Eircom and coasting merrily along at 400! Ugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Few months back I arrived home to hear "some fella from eircom was looking for you, he said he'd call back tonight"

And he did, and started going on about eircom's new prices and was I interested in Broadband?

When I told him I already had UTV he seemed to deflate a little tho - "oh so there's no point really in telling you this" (awwww! :))

Still..if he came back NOW tho... (take note UTV)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Few months back I arrived home to hear "some fella from eircom was looking for you, he said he'd call back tonight"

And he did, and started going on about eircom's new prices and was I interested in Broadband?

When I told him I already had UTV he seemed to deflate a little tho - "oh so there's no point really in telling you this" (awwww! :))

Still..if he came back NOW tho... (take note UTV)

The exact same thing happened to me. The eirscum grunt called back at 8.45pm. I was so much in shock that they really would call at such a late hour (as in late to be working for them) I was kinda deflated from any anti eirscum rant I could have dished out. Tho he was kinda upset he wasted his time when I told him I had non eirscum BB and would never go back to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Venom wrote:
    The eirscum grunt called back at 8.45pm. I was so much in shock that they really would call at such a late hour (as in late to be working for them)

Pah, my sister got the call gone 9pm! She was on her own looking after the babby and not too thrilled to be interrupted. They really should be banned from cold calling after 7.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm hoping that every single incident reported here has been reported in detail to Comreg? Yes, Comreg are a bunch of wussies when it comes to Eircom, but the more complaints they get, the more we can kick their asses when they don't do anything about it.

Please copy your complaints to chairman AT irelandoffline DOT org, so we have a nice fat file to use as a stick to beat them /both/ with.

adam

Hi folks,

update....

I share a house with some friends and one of them has just told me that some guy from eircom has been looking for me the last few days - I don't usually get home till late you see - and he's being very persistent I'm told.

As I said above, I already had a guy call a few months back and I told him I'm with UTV. While I will probably switch providers at the end of my contract (or sooner if NTL get their act together :)), I'd rather do without these (apparently fairly regular) visits trying to talk me into switching back - funny enough I never had this problem when I lived in Coolock.

So..does anyone have a direct line number (I hate their new voice activated VRU), or an email address I can use or know of some way of getting removed from eircom's Winback list?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Don't communicate with Eircom via email for something like this. Ever.

Phone Customer Service via 1901 and ask for the Data Protection Officer. Don't settle for anyone else, don't accept it when they say they'll look after it, because they're almost certainly lying. The DPA knows how it works and will in fact remove you from their lists, however make sure you specify that you wish to be removed from the Winback lists too.

Note down the date and time and their name, and ask them for a direct dial number. You should get a letter confirming removal within 40 days, if you haven't make sure you ring back and get it. Don't take their word for it, the letter is required.

adam

Cheers Adam... I'll call them in the morning so and let ye know how I get on :)

Advertisement