Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield, come on!

Options
  • 12-08-2004 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

I just got DSL today and among other games I was looking forward to playing battlefield vietnam but now when I load it, it just says "battlefield vietnam has encountered a problem and must close" and it closes! I can't play it, even with the latest patch. I have tried reinstalling numerous times to no avail.... anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

is your directx version up to scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

yeah i've got the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Just do a reinstall, it should solve your problem. Also make sure you are patched to the latest version. Check the stickes for our thread on patches and updates for Battlefield and also other drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Steven999

if none of the above help , just send an email to the EA support guys .had similar prob myself after v1.02 ended up i had to adjust some settings in directx manually . but ever since shes purrin' like a kitten .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

what's the email address for tech support? and will i have to tell them all my specs etc. coz im not sure what they in detail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Steven999

for tech support go to the EA site (type EA into google) . Go to the support page . First look through the knowledge base and if your prob is not there send them an email . personally i just had to send them a directx file .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

jimmey i am in the same sh*t as you...

got tasty broadband today wanted to have a few goes of bf1942 (use to play it on isdn) only problem is that i dont have the manual of the game anymore...well it could be here somewhere but damned if i know where. result i cant play it with my big tasty broadband. had to settle for enemy territory which is not impressing me at moment.

how can i prove to EA that i own the game so that they'll ship me another cd key...send them a picture of me holding the box, cds etc

Advertisement