Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A phrase and its translation please?

• 12-08-2004 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭

Hallo all!,
    I'm getting a few computer parts from .de and the tracking web-site is saying this:

Das Paket ist im Eingang des Partnerlandes erfasst

Which really means nothing to me and Google seems to think it means it's seized as you can see in this thread, so I'm a little lost if anyone can translate this with any possible nuances it would be great!

Danke in advance ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Translation: the packet is 'seized' at the entrance to the country.

Looking up erfassen in my dictionary it also says it could mean collect but I can't see how that can make sense in the context of the other words used here.

Who was supposed to be delivering it? Can you ring them? Or ring up customs and see if they have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

http://www.freetranslation.com
    http://dict.leo.org

Both should help. I'll ask one of my mates later to translate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Thank you gobby and Imposter but it seems as if I'm not the only one who gets these messages from the GLS website and the status of the package seems to have changed for the better :p. Oh and gobby that linked dictionary is translating erfasst as "on target" and I suppose that makes sense, serves me right for believing what Google translates :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Thank you gobby and Imposter but it seems as if I'm not the only one who gets these messages from the GLS website and the status of the package seems to have changed for the better :p. Oh and gobby that linked dictionary is translating erfasst as "on target" and I suppose that makes sense, serves me right for believing what Google translates :rolleyes:
    Yeah, that dictionary is class. My German friends use it to translate German to English. They showed it to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Zumpel

>Das Paket ist im Eingang des Partnerlandes erfasst
    Damn "lets make the message short" system messages.... I hate that
    Should be "Das Paket ist im Wareneingang des Frachtraegers im Partnerland erfasst."
    What they mean to say is that the parcel has arrived in Ireland and has been nooked in the systems of whoever will deliver the parcel to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Thanks Zumpel but it seems as if GLS have sent the package BACK to Germany :mad: I swear how can a company be so incompetent!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pyxxel

As posted in the Comp thread where this phrase stems from:

"The package has been registered in the receiveing country" or similar.

"Erfassen" in this context means "registered", "checked" etc - like when there's a census the residents are registered --> die Bevölkerung wird erfasst.

Hmmm, I don't think there are enough Germans in this forum :D

Advertisement