Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone playing Joint Op's?

Options
  • 13-08-2004 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone was playing the lagfest joint op's? It's a bloody good game (if a little laggy) if anyone has any ideas on the stting of rates and such please let me know. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

NO!!!!

its another sh!te delta force game only now its laggy and horrible fps no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yes ive been playing it and enjoying it immensly. Cant say ive had too many problems with lag though. I tend to pick games with less than 100 people as its easier to survive!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Yeah Ive been playing the demo in between sessions of EVE. A lot of fun but Ive already graduated into being annoyed with noob team mates and the lack of teamwork/communication/headless chicken syndrome thats so common in publics. I think Id only buy the full game if I could go straight into a clan/team for it. Another unorganised mess of idiots running around topping each other with grenades or driving off in a truck, leaving 8 or 9 guys milling around and ill go mad. The designers have included some support for teams, but I dont know much about it as no one ever uses it or accepts invitations to form squads. Sigh.

Still, the odd time when you get a guy to ride shotgun in the buggies with the 50 cal and do high speed drive bys through the enemy bases, or the even rarer instances of moving as a squad to take a bunker are great - as a work around I enjoy grabbing the transport chopper and using it to direct the action.... theres something soothing about dropping troops off into a hot LZ and scooting off being chased by 7 or 8 AA missles and you can minimise the headless chicken syndrome by dropping off 4 or 5 guys where theyre needed to defend a bunker youre in danger or losing.

They could have done with copying UT2004 onslaughts design of only 1-2 "nodes" being in contention at any one time. There is an order to taking the bunkers, but its far more fluid - as a positive it allows from a bit more strategy. Downside, in the absence of strategy, it allows for utter chaos at times.

So yeah, fun, but moreso with a bit of organisation.

Lag and fps are fine for me - nothing worse than Ive suffered before. Buy a decent connection and a video card tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

After playin it for the last few weeks I must admit that its good fun. It is annoying to watch a player wait for a chopper to spawn or a jeep only to jump in and drive off!
    Anyone know of some good servers to play on? I play under the name of Lonewolf-Irl mostly as an attacking sniper or gunner if I'm playing with a good team I give good cover fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Been playing the demo alot luv rallying around in the jeeps/trucks running suckers over especially around flag "C" ;) or running throuh the bunkers lashing grenades left and right. bang and clear :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

i play it on a WLAN we have going here, its good fun alright. never had a laggy problem with it. i just keep it patched and everything runs fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Buy a decent connection and a video card tbh

I have 9800pro but isdn

Advertisement