Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My big Hypothethical

Options
  • 13-08-2004 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

ok pointless thread here, just something that has had me daydreaming recently.
    Are you ppl aware that rich folk (mainly americans) are having their brains , heads and indeed whole bodies frozen at death so as to be someday reawoken and cured like in that Mel gibson Movie ?Now I know that the possibility of them ever being revived is quite laughable but when I doubt the abilities of science I think of the famine times when people crossed the atlantic in ships on voyages taking up to five months ,only half the passengers would get off on the other side .Imagine telling them they could now go over on a jet have a bagel with their aunt from jersey and be home back for corrie . I think they would laugh hard also . If we ever manage to use this technique to cheat death can you imagine the impact this would have on the duality,mind-body argument ,philosophies of faith ,religon ,the health services and the gap between the rich and poor .If scientists managed to get the people alive again would their "souls/spirits/mindsbeings" be suddenly jolted from what sort of after life they had back into this world ?Depending on what they reported back a lot of assumptions could be made and answers finally found for the big questions .But maybe the kind of person who would save up to have their head cut from their corpse and cryogenically frozen wouldnt be the best person to assertain knowledge off .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement