Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Easy Pass on Toll Bridge

Options
  • 13-08-2004 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Just move to Dublin and am using the West Link toll bridge - have notice some ppl using an 'Easy Pass' lane - the barrier seems to move up before they get to it.

Anyone know how you can get this 'privilege'? Do they pay an extra fee for it or something?

Am going to use the West Link everyday so would be extremely handy if I could get to use that lane too =)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yep you can use it - find everything you need to know here

You beat me to it DC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Quick on the draw unkel....quick on the draw :D

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Nice one - thanks very much lads =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I use it everyday and its great takes the headache out of finding change and cash, and also the lane usually has less cars in it, although there are some disadvantages, like you never quite realise how much it costs until your visa bill comes in , and then you realise you pay a shocking amount of money to use the motorway, i get on at blanch go through the toll bridge and get off a liffey valley.

for the 1st six months it is cheaper and then after that it is the same price although they charge a small admin fee on your account i think only about €1 per month.

Sometimes and it i have seen it happen a few times, the little dongle in your car doesn't work and you are left waiting with teh barrier down and motorists getting irate behind you.

You can have two "easypass" dongles on one account great if you or your family have two cars.

So do they charge you the same toll as normal? €1.50 per car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

So do they charge you the same toll as normal? €1.50 per car?

Did you even look at the site? You've proved you don't have clue how to use google, but at least use your own initiative from here on in.

impr0v - why did you bother posting that??

Not that its anything to do with you but I did look at the site. The site just quotes the prices for the toll bridge - it doesnt say anything about Easy Pass costing more or less - I was simply putting the question to ppl who already use it.

And if everyone used Google as you suggested there would be half as many posts on Boards. Try put "easy pass toll bridge" into Google anyway and easypass.ie doesnt even feature on any of the hits on the first page.

One of the reasons I, and most other users use Boards is to get other peoples opinions - obviously you dont see that!

If you're going to be posting synical comments like that you've abviously got too much time on your hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I'll apologise to a certain extent, as I looked at the site, clicked toll rates and, without looking at it much, assumed that what was underneath the standard charges was the eazypass discounted toll rates. In fairness to you, they don't definitively answer your query on the site, which is a tad stupid on their behalf.

In the absence of such a definitive answer I would assume that yes, the rate charged is the exact same as the pay-as-you-go toll, plus the monthly service charge. They mention an on-line sign-up discount, but there's no mention of it elsewhere, perhaps you tick the relevant box on sign-up or something.

However, I refuse to retract the essential theme of my outburst. Though I agree with you that putting 'easy pass toll bridge' into google doesn't get great results, 'eazy pass toll bridge' however, is a different matter. Besides, driving through the toll plaza I would have thought it was impossible to not understand what 'eazypass' was, my recollections being endless promotion of it, accompanied by prominent display of the url. Even the name is as close as possible to being self-explanatory, unless one assumed an American laxative company were sponsoring the installation.

It's been my experience that people who post queries such as your initial one on any section of the boards are those who want others to do the leg work for them.

• Advertisement

dublin toll bridge

just the loose words, no quotes, in google will give you eazypass as the third hit :)

Don't forget your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Also works on the M1 to Belfast, aren't computers wonderful....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I find the cashier stations the quickiest of them all TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I use EazyPass, find it handy enough but it's a pain in the bum if you're exiting onto the N4 or joining from the N4 because you have to make your way to the opposite side of the motorway in a short distance.

I find the cashier stations the quickiest of them all TBH.

Yeah, especially the two lanes on the far left, both directions. I always aim for them and then decide at the last moment which of the two to pick. Behind a lorry is good as they only pay once, but take up 5 or more car spaces

But check the reg first, you don't wanna be behind a LHD :D

The line with trucks and buses is always faster I find. Most people head to the exact fare and cars only booths. Personally I find these the slowest.

Personally I find these the slowest.

Yep same here. We shouldn't be telling all and sundry though :D

unkel wrote:
    Yep same here. We shouldn't be telling all and sundry though :D

Since its illogical, I doubt anyone believes us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The line with trucks and buses is always faster I find. Most people head to the exact fare and cars only booths. Personally I find these the slowest.

That is because out of every five cars there is at least one who doesn't have the exact change or doesn't bother looking until they get to the barrier or has lousy aim and misses the bucket altogether.

Advertisement