Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Vietnam - Incorrect cd error

Options
  • 13-08-2004 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Last night I tried to play vietnam after a fresh install on my system...patches etc all updated

But when I went to play BV - I kept getting incorrect cd error, regardless of which battlefiled cd I used...

And yes , I own a legal copy etc...

So after some trawling through websites etc...I found the solution.

If you have Alcohol 120% installed and registered....you will appartently get this error playing BV

Now this might'nt effect everyone....just thought I'd post it so it might save some of yee searching all night like me :( to find da answer

I thought it was very strange ..................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

What's Alcohol 120%?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Its a cd recording program for making images of cd's, dvds,

Its probably something EA put on it to try and stop disc imaging etc happening.

Fools.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah...

Feck it anyway, stayed up in limerick so I could take advantage of broadband get some serious gaming hours in.......

Didnt find the fix until 1.30am :(

I miss my broadband so much ....(note to self....never move to the sticks again unless it has broadband)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well I use Alcohol 120% when playing bfv, so it not that.

• Advertisement

Well....Rev....like I said it mightnt affect everyone but It fixed my problem...and to be honest I would never have thought it could have been alcohol until I read it in some forum.

Now it could be something to do with the order in which you install BV and alcohol

I had alcohol installed before i installed vietnam.....

Could find the forum that i read last night....

but I found this....just to prove i wasnt telling porkies

BFV problem

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its the virtual CD drive that Alcohol 120% uses that causes the problem. Either uninstall Alcohol 120% or take the drive letter off the virtual drive. BTW if you use Deamon Tools BFV plays fine.

I had the same problem when I first got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

pwnd

Careful now lads.
    Watch the charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

EA are just shooting themselves in the foot with this, it encourages people to use no CD cracks, and it dosen't prevent copying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

i use alcohol to run it. i bought the game, lost CD3, got an alcohol image of just CD3 and install it thru that. never get any errors or anything of the sort.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Jammer wrote:
    i use alcohol to run it. i bought the game, lost CD3, got an alcohol image of just CD3 and install it thru that. never get any errors or anything of the sort.

You use Alcohol to Install it, you run it off CD1 so i presume you still use the orignal CD1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I don't know, but my game runs off CD3, and before ya call me a silly twat, I just popped it out of the cddrawer to reconfirm that!

The game will run off any CD. It doesn't really needs any files from them to run persay, its just a thing EA put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

I don't know, but my game runs off CD3, and before ya call me a silly twat, I just popped it out of the cddrawer to reconfirm that!

what he ment was that the game will recognise that the cd3 he has loaded in alcohol 120% is not a real one and will say there is no disc in the drive...why he'd have to use either his cd 1 or 2 that are legit

OMG......What have I started....this wasnt supposed to be biatching session! :D

Advertisement