Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go on the Iraqis

• 13-08-2004 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Watched their match against Portugal at the Olympics last night. What a match. At times the Iraqis were trying to play like Brazil. They fully deserved to win 4-2. Boa Morte was unlucky to get sent off though. Still if he ahd stayed on, I doubt it would have made a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I thought the Olympics didn't start until today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Something is amiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

The football started yesterday AFAIK ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The soccer starts a bit early in order to get through the full competition without squeezing the matches too tightly together. I think the womens soccer was the first event of the Olympics to start, other than the drug smuggling marathon ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Everyday is a school day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

womens soccer

[sep blater]i think women should wear tight shorts to make the game more interesting[/sep blater]*

*please not that this is not necessarily the opinion of midget lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

some of those games on yesterday we're really good (its on Eurosport) but I was perticulary happy to see a country in so much turmoil beat Portugal( a country with many quality youngsters) .

The Iraqi's played very well , and it looks like that team will be a great success as time goes on .

Wheather they will make the next World Cup im not too sure , but the squad they had yesterday is capable of doing great things in a few years time . :D

The Greece V South Korea game was a great game too .2-2 was the score .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Big Ears wrote:
    some of those games on yesterday we're really good (its on Eurosport) but I was perticulary happy to see a country in so much turmoil beat Portugal( a country with many quality youngsters) .

Ronaldo must not have been playing ;) he would win it single handedly, being the most exciting player in the world and all :rolleyes:

Ronaldo must not have been playing ;) he would win it single handedly, being the most exciting player in the world and all :rolleyes:
    `
    he should of bin sent off for an elbow , but for some reason only recieved a yellow card .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I don't think anyone can call any player the most exciting player in the world apart from Ronaldinho but young Ronaldo is definitely up there.

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote:
    I don't think anyone can call any player the most exciting player in the world apart from Ronaldinho but young Ronaldo is definitely up there.

I donno , I think Kevin ' The Killer' Kilbane is probably the most exciting player in the World currently .

anyone see the cracker of a goal he got in a recent pre-season friendly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Big Ears wrote:
    I donno , I think Kevin ' The Killer' Kilbane is probably the most exciting player in the World currently .

anyone see the cracker of a goal he got in a recent pre-season friendly ?

aye auld Zinedine Kilbane is looking good! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Kone wrote:
    aye auld Zinedine Kilbane is looking good! :D

Kilbando

Kilbando

me thinks back to the Ireland Brazil game , when Kilbane skinned 4 Brazilian players .{wipes tear out of eye} Thats our boy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

all hail Zinedine Kilbane the greatest footballer in the world after....................

woosaysdan wrote:
    all hail Zinedine Kilbane the greatest footballer in the world after....................

Jason MagetEar .

Advertisement