Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New Map

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

DL'ing it right now. But what do i do with it, where does it go? also, how did you make it?????

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Vialli

it was made from the internal map maker in T2..quite unstable from my experiance

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Hunter px1

yah its unstable all right, it crashes about 12 times an hour frown.gif it just means alot of saves, i mean ALOT lol
    just read the read me file on how to install it, i just hope it does not need the hight.cs file nah who cares lol

hmmm jaggeh just posted over at the map downloads that he will put it on the server on saturday, hmm if this DOES happen you will have to download the map other wise you can play, btw has anyone play it yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

T2 supports the same map loading as T1.

So if your map is created a certain way you don't need to download it, the server will handle it. I was able to play the Race Mod without any downloads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

are we able to play online
    and how do we get to ply it online.. like is it in the map voting?

hmmm i was told Tribes 2 does not have the auto download built in yet, (new patch)
    i think you have to download this coz it has a new terrain file, if you use an existing one then you dont have to download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

how do you get into the map maker? Is sez in the manual press Ctrl+.... forget what key but it doesn't work.
    When do i press it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hunter px1:
    hmmm i was told Tribes 2 does not have the auto download built in yet, (new patch)
    i think you have to download this coz it has a new terrain file, if you use an existing one then you dont have to download
    </font>

yep spot on. If you modify an existing map, you dont have to download anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yes Hunter, that's what I meant. In T1 as long as the terrain wasn't modified you didn't need to download anything.

... btw, when editing a map make sure you
    a) make your game not register on the master servers.
    b) Password protect it.

people entering the game while your editing can crash it.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 11-05-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

i have taken down the gameshop server for the moment....this new patch is real dicey

but the map will be there for this saturday nights gaming biggrin.gif

to access the map editor just load up a map on lan game, and press alt + e and you should be in the editor, ill tell you some tips on how not to crash it smile.gif

Ta Hunter,
    Your the only person who took notice to my post smile.gif
    morph

ahhhhhhh

When i press Ctrl+e in the middle of a LAN game i just move forward cause I'm using the normal keys.
    What should i do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

open the console and type: editor.open();
    should work, even when not in a game. It is very unstable though.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

Advertisement