Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB in Killester going live?

• 13-08-2004 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I heard from Irish Broadband that their point in Killester should go live in a couple of weeks, so more areas in the north of Dublin should be covered. I hope so, next week I'm moving to Raheny...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gothakane

I am also waiting on the Killester transmitter to go live! They told me end of July, now its the end of August. I'm cancelling my application if they keep this bullsh1t up. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

So did either of you end up getting Broadband in Killester? If so, what company are you using? I'm looking into the possibilities at the moment and havent had much success. IBB say it might be a a few months before their Killester transmitter is working. Thanks for the help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

there site is listing it as active and available now.
    http://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/coverage_maps/areas_live.htm

True, but they told me it was not live yet and some of the info on their website is inaccurate! Anyone else in Killester / Artane using IBB or any other broadband provider? Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Got it from a house in Copeland Ave over the weekend.

It's BTS 190. DHCP server was down though, or just not allowing me have an ip address.

• Advertisement

Whats BTS 190? Which company supplies it? Cheers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

<snipped by DeVore>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

BTS 190 is the Ripwave high site number. Apologies, being from a technical background I sometimes assume too much technical knowledge on this board.

Thanks for the help everyone - tis much appreciated. Its odd that they told me last week Killester wouldnt be live for a while. I'll give them a ring again.

Advertisement