Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need a new setup

• 13-08-2004 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

i need to buy a new dj setup, a lot of people have started to ask me to dj their parties but i don't have a proper setup that i could bring anywhere except a house. i was looking to buy one of those all in one CD/mixer all in a flightcase setups an amp,speakers and lights. does anyone know any good places to get this stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

i was thinking of getting this:

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=MR114531

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

I'd hightly reccommend the vestax cd players with the mixer built in, its fairly basic but its just to spin a few tunes it'd be prefect - also allows you to plug in Decks and two other line sources as well.

vestax cdx-16

Think you can get em in X-Music on the quays or sound city *shiver* for about 800-900 euro

The Kams are probably as reliable but its a bloody big box to carry around and a pretty sh*tty make and no eq'ing per channel (bad for CD's).

Regarding the speakers and amps and lighting, have a lookie in the buy and sell and also Thomann which I'v used for stuff before and they are fantastic, and quick to ship and you dont even need a CC, bank transfer will do fine.

They have a special at the mo on Powered speakers !! no need for an amp here

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I wouldn't go near x-music.
    they're rip off, the one you pointed out mob is the one a lot of places use for playing commerical/rnb etc. the unit must be quite handy for moving around

The KAM unit is alright for moving from one place to another "if" you have decent transport. It weighs about the same as 1 1/2 technics in flightcases so prolly about about 15-20 kilos, so you wouldn't attempt walking around town with it (although i did manage two technics in FC's on a bus once :O)

Used to rent these uinits out and sell them too and they are fairly reliable most of the time.

The vestax will fit in a small 19' briefcase, though so if its house party's and things, i know it'd be the one i'd go for, extra 150 odd though. (used to sell the first model of these the cd-12 too, and and were my fav dual CD units once they got the bass skipping problem sorted on later models) and the build quality is sooo much nicer.

Another one to look out for is the dual numark with built in 4 channel mixer, (gold color) its cheaper than the vestax, and even the KAM unit at 499 euro inc VAT!!!!

Link Here

Another option is the numark single top loading players which are also fairly reasonable at about 250 each, and you get a separate mixer not excatly cdj -500's but they are not too bad for the money at about 205 euro at thomann too or the top loading gemini's at 166 each !
    link here

Also check out some of the online UK Ebay shops, loads of em do really good deals on old stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

i had been looking at the numark cd mix ii thought it looked nice and neat i might go for that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Go to Aquarius Sound in Leixlip. A bit out but much cheaper.

www.aquariussounds.ie

Cheaper for .........................?

Website address is ....................?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

www.Aquariussound.ie

I wouldn't say aquariuss are the cheapest now.. but ther ein ireland

Advertisement