Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sit & Go this evening

Options
  • 13-08-2004 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests: does anyone who's not playing the BSOP heat this evening want to play a sit'n'go in the Fitz around seven? I fancy some poker action before work tonight. €10 or €20 or €13.72 or whatever in.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I cant play at 7, but I'm going to wander down about 5 (I've the day off) and see if I can get a game. SNG's have been very kind to me since they started! Then I'm off to a pub so if I wander in plastered at 9:30 wanting to play in the 50/50 DONT LET ME! :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Ah right, might see you in there anyway, should be getting food around then. Obviously if you wander in drunkenly to play the 50/50, it would be immoral for me to stop you from exercising your own free will. It's the best game of the week, but it still needs its fish. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Wandered into the Fitz last night with one of my friends. Was my first time there and found it really interesting. Saw the poker going on but I didn't dare go near it - the players all looked so serious! I sat at the Roulette table for a while, then bet my free "€10 for joining chip". Won €20 and just kept on betting - was €130 up at one stage! Of course then I went and lost it all, but I staill came out a tenner up. Some guy kept betting €200 a go on the dozens which was just crazy, but he had a great winning streak and ended up winning about a grand. I'll definitely go back to that place, not with too much money though! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I can understand why poker would have seemed imposing last night. there was a very serious 100 euro tournament with over 50 players going on, and 4 full cash games. Lots of money up for grabs last night. If you want to play the poker, play the free tournament on a thursday for your best introduction, or head in earlier (between 4 and 9, thurs-sun) to play a friendly one table tournament (Sit & Go). ten euro, ten players, first takes 60, the craic is usually good.

Advertisement