Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cork v wexford

• 13-08-2004 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

What’s people opinions on this game….can wexford do it….the bookies are giving them a 4 point handicap…is this generous?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cc007

Hey Jobless,

I think Wexford have a great chance .... You have to remember that they've only lost 2 games in the past few years at Croke Park :D .... The only thing that'll be against them is that they haven't played a real competitive game in 6 weeks :( .... That was also against Waterford last week as Kilkenny played along .... My house mate is from Wexford so we're heading to the game, lets hope for a good game of hurling ....

PS That seems like a good bet if the bookies are giving Wexford a +4 points handicap :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

As a Kilkenny supporter I hope Wexford bury Cork. I couldn't stand another All-Ireland day with them Cork boys. They drove me round the twist in Dublin last September. They were all mouthing before the match in all the pubs, I didn't see too many of them afterwards though. It was one of the fastest exoduses from Dublin of all time. Come on Wexford!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

i was at the cork, wexford games last year and i think the addition of some good young players for wexford combined with the loss of setanta for Cork evens this game up big time...

think i'll get on the handicap bet (even money wex +4pts)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Here's hoping Wexford do the business on Sunday. We'll have to improve from the Offaly game but I think the lads will rise to the occasion. Should be good game.

Got free tickets and with the student refund I'll hopefully be getting paid by the GAA to watch the game...sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

jeez dunno who i want to win. cork or wexford. wexford or cork. I guess i'll have to go with leinster... afterall its the best hurling province in ireland :-p
    C'mon wexford shut the munster boys up. Hopefully then we can get revenge on wexford... tho i dont think its our year somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Poocher

Watched the rebels water a poor antrim side, defence is a bit shakey, a few of the quicker wexford forwards could do them some damage, goals will decide this game, with two cracking goalkeepers between the sticks its gonna be tight, Wexford are a very generous price though!!!! ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The best hurling match of the year last year was without doubt the Cork v Wexford draw. This was one of the goals Wexford scored, from a photo I took. You can see the ball going past the keeper, mid-air but appearing to be in line with the endline:

goal2.jpg

I hope Cork are beaten this time and Wexford go on to win the All-Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

This one could be a real contest as Wexford have shown no fear of Cork in recent times.
    However they need to do the business the first day.
    i recall a league final in I think 1993 when after 3 games Wexford lost. Same year as Eamoon Morrisey's wonder point to equalise the leinster Final.
    A last minute winning goal like against ourselves would do nicely.
    C'mon the yellow bellies & we''ll see ye in September :D

Well for once we are on the same side Kilkennycat, but only because I want Wexford to win the All-Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Flukey wrote:
    I want Wexford to win the All-Ireland!

So will the other 30 counties I suppose but no harm in that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Was that the Leinster Champions playing or a team of under 12's, Wexford were terrible!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

An awful performance by Wexford, they were slow all over the pitch. Cork were far more aggressive and Wexford fully deserved a hammering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

TIPPTOP wrote:
    Was that the Leinster Champions playing or a team of under 12's, Wexford were terrible!!!

both ;) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

worst ive ever seen wexford play.. cork just walked through their defence

I think it was more a case of Cork being good than Wexford being bad. Everything seemed to run against them. They did not get the rub of the green at all today. Cork were more focussed. They had a job in mind and went out and did it. They have a bigger job in mind now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Wexford got taken to pieces, they tried playing the type of game that beat kilkenny but they were hurled off the field. Best team won, we're great :D

Cork were the better team, there is no doubt about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Flukey wrote:
    Cork were the better team, there is no doubt about that.

I don't know about that
    they got a lot of flukey scores

I didn't get any of their scores! :)

1 - 27 to 0 - 12 is more than just flukey scores. They were better all over the field. I was at it. Wexford never really got into it and weren't really allowed to do so. You can't put that victory down to flukey scores. Sure there were some that might not have gone over the bar on other days, but there were more than enough scores without those to have won easily. To have scored on 28 occasions, takes a good team. Cork were just that today.

Advertisement