Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birthday Speech

• 13-08-2004 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Can anyone gimme help with my 21st Birthday speech. Who do I thank. What jokes can I say. etc...................

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Do an Adam Jones:

Thank Satan.
    Thank your parents for having sex.
    Walk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Any 21st ive been to speech is always hilarious. As in, person walks up to the top of the room absolutely legless, says thanks & stumbles back!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

the usual thank everyone for donating pots of cash, tell them theres a collection plate going around for anyone who didnt. definitely thank your parents for having sex, thats bound to get a giggle. announce you'll be available in one of the upstairs hotel rooms after the speech for the 21 shags.

on the day of the party get the $ to € conversion rate and tell everyone you feel like €819,273.09($1,000,000), that'll get em thinkin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

on my sisters 21st, her friends gave her 21 vodkas - of which she managed to drink about half, proceeded to get up on stage and thank something that resembles mammy, but was more like mammmmmeeieieiie, as my dad was hauling her off the stage she was shouting about great he was also. It was priceless.

On mine, i manged to tell everyone about the merits of Black russians and how the price of them was fairly reasonable if you considered how drunk you could get on them if you got full shots.I do believe that i failed to thank anyone.
    Just get drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Don't do anything too drunken in front of the grandparents etc! And speeches that just thank people are boring - get a joke in there somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

this is the first I have ever heard of a 21st b-day speech...where does this phenomenon originate?

Is this a normal thing?

I spent my 21st alone in a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i never heard about this before either my 21st is coming up at the end of the month to send me cash for my b'day just pm me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ask what they're congratulating you for. Anyone can hang around for a year without dying.

Or the old classic, "I'm a man of few words." Then walk off.

Advertisement