Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blah blah bitch bitch whine whine etc.(split from Best STUDENT)

Options
  • 06-08-2004 10:56pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

*sighs*

Anyone else bored yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭edwardo

halenger wrote:
    *sighs*

Anyone else bored yet?

Jesus man its a frikin web board. If you're bored don't read it. Go outside and throw a frisbee. This does not exist for your personal entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

edwardo wrote:
    Jesus man its a frikin web board. If you're bored don't read it. Go outside and throw a frisbee. This does not exist for your personal entertainment.
    He's one of the mods, he HAS to read it. FFS. Also, if this isn't for personal entertainment, then what is it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

He's the mod Gareth

He's one of the mods, he HAS to read it. FFS. Also, if this isn't for personal entertainment, then what is it for?

Duh, exactly. As a mod its his job to read it in order to make sure that the rules of the board are not being broke FULL STOP. Not to make partial judgements of the entertainment value of a given thread, just its appropriateness. Modding’s a voluntary position and IMHO incredibly dull, which is why I for one don't seek to do it.

Sure the boards exist for entertainment (in addition to their educative and communication uses), but not the personal entertainment of any one person, and if this thread is entertaining the people who post to it, who on earth is it hurting ?

edwardo wrote:
    Duh, exactly. As a mod its his job to read it in order to make sure that the rules of the board are not being broke FULL STOP. Not to make partial judgements of the entertainment value of a given thread, just its appropriateness. Modding’s a voluntary position and IMHO incredibly dull, which is why I for one don't seek to do it.

Sure the boards exist for entertainment (in addition to their educative and communication uses), but not the personal entertainment of any one person, and if this thread is entertaining the people who post to it, who on earth is it hurting ?
    Because crash isn't currently here to slag the living crap out of you (he should come along at some point to do that) I'll simply say this: You have much to learn about boards.ie, the CTYI board, and it's moderators. Halenger is considered to be the nice mod, btw

Edit: Also, if you don't want to be mod, then why are you trying to police the board? That's the job of the moderators, not a user

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

edwardo wrote:

*yawn*

:) Boards exist solely for my entertainment. Surely you've figured out by now that the world rotates simply for my amusement. (I hope I don't really need to spell it out but this IS a joke.)

No need to take it so personally. Jeez. I don't like the point behind this thread. "Hottest girl", "Hottest Guy", "Favourite Person". Does any body really care? Honestly.

Serious question though... Does anybody actually care who other peoples "best student" was?

Back to other boring stuff now...

halenger wrote:
    No need to take it so personally. Jeez. I don't like the point behind this thread. "Hottest girl", "Hottest Guy", "Favourite Person". Does any body really care? Honestly.

Serious question though... Does anybody actually care who other peoples "best student" was?
    If the person being mentioned was particularly insecure with themself, they may find being mentioned on this thread to be a boost to their ego. However, to those secure in who and what they are, this thread is simple idiotic favouritism. After all, if someone was your friend, surely you wouldn't wait until after the session was over to tell them?

>You have much to learn about boards.ie, the CTYI board, and it's moderators.

And you have much to learn about growing up. As a former student and RA at CTYI, I feel I have some right to an opinion on the spirit of the place and the idea behind it; and criticising people because you find them, or their opinions dull is in direct contradiction of that spirit.

>if you don't want to be mod, then why are you trying to police the board?

I'm not policing anything. I'm just objecting to a pointlessly negative comment. You could call it being protective.

>I don't like the point behind this thread. "Hottest girl", "Hottest Guy", "Favourite Person". Does any body really care? Honestly.

The thread wasn't about any of those. It was a direct allegory of a thread I started, 'who was the coolest RA this year' which has thus far gotten 118 replies and 2,633, and which hasn’t been objected to by anyone. I object to the double standard.
    No negative remarks were made about anyone in this thread. It's a bit of fun, a way for people to say, ‘I noticed you and you made a difference to my experience of CTYI’, not a popularity contest.

>this thread is simple idiotic favouritism

I disagree..Read above.

In the interest of not spending my life on the net having a pointless argument, I'm not going to continue discussing this. I certainly wasn't attempting to bruise anyones ego *cough*, just trying to stick up for the kids when they were having harmless fun.

edwardo wrote:
    And you have much to learn about growing up.
    I'd just like to point out that this remark is a completely unnecessary and baseless personal attack on myself, as this person does not know me, and the only way he could find out my age is by viewing my public profile. It's not the kind of "argument" I'd expect from an RA, who should strive to set a good example for "the kids" (unless their name is Dermo, of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Gareth was twice as immature as Dermo. Jesus I've only been mentioned once. All that effort to be evryone's favourite wasted! Poo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Edwardo: cool your jets and stop getting pissed off.

Podge stop poking the guy with a big stick ffs :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

crash_000 wrote:
    Podge stop poking the guy with a big stick ffs :P

But it's so fuuuuunnnnnn... :rolleyes:

Anyone know what's the story with these new reputation points thingies? And which of you moany people gave me a negative one? People need to learn to not take me seriously. Get off your high horse whoever it was. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

How do you know if someone has said something good or bad about you on the reputation thingy??

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

click the scales next to your posts or hold your mouse over the little green/red square next to where it says "Friends"

Go to your UserCP (at the top of the page, just under where it says what thread you're in) and scroll down to the bottom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

can you give people negative points for,hmmm,say,text-****ing-talk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

can you give people negative points for,hmmm,say,text-****ing-talk

I think you can give points for pretty much whatever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Gareth was twice as immature as Dermo. Jesus I've only been mentioned once. All that effort to be evryone's favourite wasted! Poo.
    its o.k dave you were one of my favourites.
    plus holly liked you(she iced your tit and pierce didnt beat the **** out of you afterwards so he mustve liked you too) :D

Pierce was too sound for that, and neither of us would have come out of that confrontation in one piece. That was hardly the worst thing Holly and I did anyway and Pierce knows all the other stuff too. Pierce was the reason she had to ice it in the first place! Ah well, never sitting between those two again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement