Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the love of GOD -basketball

Options
  • 13-08-2004 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

There is sport forums such as angling ,archery, etc and then there is basketball in ireland ,not as popular as soccer and gaelic but for the love of god whats the harm in poping in a basketball forum ,which would cover everything in basketball.Quite frankly i think it is disgraceful....That is the problem with basketball in ireland ,its just ignored.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Why is it a disgrace? Because no body can be arsed asking for one. I've read your post and I can't see a request, just a long whinge about their not being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Stalin wrote:
    There is sport forums such as angling ,archery, etc and then there is basketball in ireland ,not as popular as soccer and gaelic but for the love of god whats the harm in poping in a basketball forum ,which would cover everything in basketball.Quite frankly i think it is disgraceful....That is the problem with basketball in ireland ,its just ignored.

let me be the first to say..............Muppet .

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

its an interesting phenomena I've noticed. Its like we've crossed some threshold from community service to universal utility supply.
    Perhaps we should ask for some of country's taxes for supplying this service!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Why isnt there a tax forum? if theres gonna be a basketball forum i want a tax forum.

In conclusion - bitch bitch whine whine moan moan etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Well a forum by itself isn't going to generate discussion,

It might.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Mustard, anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Stalin

Finally ,some mature replys to my request.[tax joke ,so bad]..This is a legitimate request ,i just thought seeingas there is so many bloody forums that a bball forum wouldnt be too bad.I mean there are not going to be any basketball people starting threads in the random sports forum but you see the bottom line is there needs to be a forum to generate the interest...comprende.../// I could nearly gurantee alot of posting starting ,,, a bit of advertising by myself and there would be bballer/posters in abundance..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Stalin wrote:
    Finally ,some mature replys to my request.[tax joke ,so bad]..This is a legitimate request ,i just thought seeingas there is so many bloody forums that a bball forum wouldnt be too bad.I mean there are not going to be any basketball people starting threads in the random sports forum but you see the bottom line is there needs to be a forum to generate the interest...comprende.../// I could nearly gurantee alot of posting starting ,,, a bit of advertising by myself and there would be bballer/posters in abundance..

well the problem is, you never made a request. you just ranted and moaned about bball being ignored in Ireland. As boston pointed out, where is the request?

God knows, I'm damn infamous for my forums requests, but no matter how pointless an idea I come up with, I'm always nice enough to at least ask

On the matter of the forum itself, if a request were made. I cant see it being quite popular enough... given that basketball is getting more and more popular here, maybe it will be plausable in a while, but not right now. Just use the sport forum for now.. it could be said that a new forum would generate interest not seen so far... but thats really a matter of chance. Why not get all your bball buddies to post on the sport forum if they want to discuss the sport, and if it does become a distraction to the other posters, then you'd have a better case to get a seperate forum?

flogen

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

What a terrible attitude. Why should we do anything for someone so clueless and rude?

Request denied.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement