Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please, i give up :(

Options
  • 13-08-2004 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Stupid pc been overheating for weeks

System temp 60/cpu 45 for a long time so bought a new case fan went up to 62, bought a bequiet 450 watt PSU with 2 more system fans on it and now system is at 64.

So i have 5 system fans and a decent PSU (last was generic jeantech 300 watt ) and PC at 64 cpu at 55 not OCed.

This is really annoying me now ,tis a jeantech light fusion case Abit KV7 mobo with 2400XP @2ghz (was 2505 but system too hot now)

Anyone any ideas whats causing this?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

make sure that you`re getting airflow through the case. the case fan at the
    bottom should be drawing air in and the top fan blowing out of the case.
    it would be worth looking at your cpu heatsink and fan to make sure that they`re not full of fluff. you`ld be surprised at the amount of guck that gets drawn in there. a drinking straw and careful use of a hoover does wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Eh case fans have little effect on cpu temp. You could stick 20 more fans on your case and it wouldn't change by more than a couple of degrees.

Get yourself a decent heatsink like a Thermalright sp-97 and stick a good 92mm fan on it and watch your temps drop right down.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

greglo23 wrote:
    make sure that you`re getting airflow through the case. the case fan at the
    bottom should be drawing air in and the top fan blowing out of the case.
    it would be worth looking at your cpu heatsink and fan to make sure that they`re not full of fluff. you`ld be surprised at the amount of guck that gets drawn in there. a drinking straw and careful use of a hoover does wonders.

Hoovered out the entire pc that in particular whilst changing PSUs.

This been going on for months i getting my own forum for the amont of posts about it.

Still no clue gonna buy a new heatsick morrow see if that does it ,that means i have replaced every single thing in the pc.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Maybe the oustide heat would have somfin to do with it, my temps have gon up by about 3-4c... Mind u my rooms like a greenhouse, I get the sun all day long...

i love you wrote:
    I%20love%20you.jpg .

Nice drawing ,bloodbath cpu isnt my problem atm tis system temp at 65 thats the biggy.

But gonna buy a Aero 7+ morrow see if that does the trick.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Have you got any Northbridge cooling?

BloodBath

Nope

Only the generic fan that comes on the mobo.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Get an external probe and check that system temperature. I bet its misreporting the system temperature completely. What make are the fans and which fans have you as intakes and which are exhausts?

2 fans came with case Jeantech one exhaust on back one on side window intake.
    The new fan i added i tried as exhaust and intake and actually tried all them in numerous ways still temp went up.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The motherboard is miss reporting. Check to make sure the NB fan isint loose, if its sturdy then the motherboard is miss reporting.

Theres almost no way the system temp can be hotter than the CPU. The same happens on my brothers Abit KD7. If the computer isint crashing or isint giving you any probs then i wouldnt worry about it. (try running prime95 and see if its stable)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Col_Loki wrote:
    The motherboard is miss reporting

My guess also

Open the case and throw in a thermometer (the one from your sitting room / garden will do) and see what it tells ya :)

Advertisement