Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could someone please help me gettin far cry to work

Options
  • 13-08-2004 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

i recently have got far cry but i havent been able to get it to work properly, my specs are:-
    p4 3.06Ghz
    1024Mb of ram
    ndivia 128Mb FX5200 ( i know its d bog standard one u get wit dells but cant afford a new one)
    still hav 35 gigs free on hard disk

it automatically detects that i can use d medium settings but when i go play the game im surrounded by a weird fog and whenever someone comes on screen it feels like im in bullet time its moving that slow. i change d settings to low and it aint much better it looks that bad it reminds of a psone game.

i have tried all d suggestions that are mentioned in the sticky but still to no avail.

thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In display on desktop go to advanced and turn off Anti aliasing.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

thanks for the advice i tried that but it still hasnt changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Did you update Far Cry. According to the 1.1 description it has a fix for a fog bug on Nvidia cards. It might be what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

cheers for all the help guys as i got rid of the fog but the game still slows down to a snails pace whenevr anyone comes in front of me, any ideas to solution would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

Have a look through the far-cry technical forum here :

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=170106891

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

my friend had similar problems with his dell like you he ahd an fx 5200 and couldnt play deus ex 2 or hitman or any new games

however he got himself a 5900xt and everything works smoothly now

the 5200 series are terrible performers and i recommend you save up for a new one like a 9800 pro as that good system will be bottlenecked by that gfx and will lead to problems with new games

Advertisement