Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i find this number??

Options
  • 13-08-2004 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    Can anyone tell me if there is some website that i can type an irish mobile
    number in and it will tell me the name of the owner?
    I ask because my partner has got two weird messages and it is from
    someone? who knows us we have the number but the phone is turned off.
    I know Vodafone wont give out the number so? anyone heard of a site that
    could tell me ?(if they are listed of course).
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Not a chance. Nobody allows "reverse" directory enquiries otherwise you would have every spam and direct marketing company sending you stuff.

If the message is abusive then report it to the operator and the police if you think it is serious enough. Then again it could be a wrong number or perhaps your partner could be upto something mischivious (not saying that it is the case but it is one of many possible explainations)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

No it was about our 4 yr old daughter who has special needs.
    Nothing really creepy but ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭jonathanbuc

blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, The ICIA (Irish Cellular Industry Association) has established a code of practice and one element of it is:
    To be compliant with this Code of Practice, the operators must adhere to the following commitments:
    - Operators shall establish and maintain a malicious or offensive communications
    reporting line for person to person communications

suggest you contact the Operator, may also be worth finding out what ComReg suggest: http://www.comreg.ie

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

never gheard of anything like this and i hope there isnt cause I wouldnt like my mobile number and name to be out for the public to get/check up.
    This exists in Finland for instance - you can do a lookup on any number by sending an SMS to a cetain number and get the name and address associated with it sent back to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

if its about your young daughter and they refuse to identify themselves then it is very creepy.

get that reported asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

agreed happened to my wife and logged it with Eircom...however then got the number (this is before everyone had caller display) and it was from a phone in work!

However found Eircom very frustrating on this i.e not very responsive.

Also the operator has no control over the phone if its a ready to go (hence the reason they give free credit when you register a ready to go phone).

Advertisement