Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Performance

Options
  • 14-08-2004 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Is there somewhere that tells you what percentage of students scored what points last year/will tell this year.

I read in the indo the other day that only 16% got 450+ last year. I thought it would be a lot higher

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah I was a bout to start a topic asking when we find out what points are required for this year in college, ya know the way they change all the time? Seemingly, according to a mate of mine, we won't even know til we're in college like. Mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Jesjes wrote:
    Yeah I was a bout to start a topic asking when we find out what points are required for this year in college, ya know the way they change all the time? Seemingly, according to a mate of mine, we won't even know til we're in college like. Mad.
    Are you talking about CAO? If so you'll find out when the CAO comes out on the 29th, i think, all the points will be printed in the indo and it on that day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Lovely the way a topic changes so quickly.
    What I was wondering is if there is a list somewhere saying what percentage got 600, what % got between 550-600 etc.

Nothing to do with the CAO or anything, just curious to compare my score, see where I stand.

Jesjes how would anybody know yet what points will be needed for courses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

First round offers are available from 06:00 on Monday 23rd August from the CAO. The points list will be printed in the newspapers and offers will be posted out as well.

Statistics for results are here:
    http://www.cao.ie/app_scoring/lce.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

I think the papers do a page or two of statistics on the day the results come out. Things like percentage of people in different points brackets, as you were saying, as well as statistics for how people did in the individual subjects.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Jesjes wrote:
    You probably should have started that topic instead of sticking it in someone elses thread, but seeing as it's here...

You can't possibly know the points that a course will have before the results come out and places are assigned.
    Explained with an example:

The General Science course in UCD (DN008 course code) had 444 availabe places in 2001. The points for that year were listed as 300.
    The CAO has a list of all the people who applied to this course in a
    given year. Some of them might have gotten 400, 500 or 600 points, it doesn't matter, what matters is that they have a list going from 1 to 444 starting from the highest grade going all the way down to 300 points, the 444th place.
    Simply put, the last person who got into that course, number 444, got 300 points in their leaving cert. Thus the listed "points requirements" for that year are published as 300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

Lovely the way a topic changes so quickly.
    What I was wondering is if there is a list somewhere saying what percentage got 600, what % got between 550-600 etc.

aye, that there is. tis somewhere on the coa site, not sure where.
    arrrgh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Sorry for ruining a thread, thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

yeah jes, ya big thread ruiner.
    now go stand in that corner.

Look at you making it worse, BACK ON TOPIC BITCH.

[it's okay people, we know each other-ish]

• Advertisement
Advertisement