Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forgot my password AND my old mail address is no longer active...

• 14-08-2004 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi good folks,

Back in August 2001 I had discovered these boards & joined promptly as "pyxxel". Somehow though I must have had a lot going on at the time, soooo..... after my one and only post I never came back... and subsequently forgot all about it. :confused:

Now the prodigal son wants to return! Well I have sort of, but of course my old password I cannot remember for the life of my doggy! Unfortunately, the mail address I used back then (pyxxel@visto.com) is no longer active as Visto stopped offering free webmail a while later. :rolleyes: *sigh*

So here's my request:
    Would it be possible to merge the two accounts so I have my old user name "pyxxel" back (which I use everywhere), but with my current mail address? (Yahoo) That would be super! Or else sth like delete the old one & change the user name of my new one to the old name...

I'd love to join back in the discussions, now that I have my spankin' new ntl cable broadband (well at 1.5 Mbps I'd call it PHATband :D !!)

Cheers ---
    the REAL pyxxel :D

BTW, forums look waaaay cool now! Where's the clapping smiley when you need it......

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'll try work something out for you ...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pyxxel

...good night...... ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I don't suppose anyone can easily back up your claims?

ecksor wrote:
    I don't suppose anyone can easily back up your claims?

Hi again! Thanks for getting back on this. (...and I'm not being smart!)

Well I don't have anyone to back this up, ecksor - but I happen to know the mail address I used for signing up: pyxxel@visto.com, and you can test yourself that this mail address is no longer active. As I said above, Visto.com stopped providing free web-based email shortly after I had signed up.

Also, on Friday night I went to Boardstock, thought I might meet you there in person. I got talking to ZENER and DeVore and told them both of my situation with the nick. Actually DeVore promised to sort this out for me, but if you want to beat him to it... :D you can always ask them of course.

BTW, Boardstock was really good, enjoyed myself immensely! Pity you weren't there, it's always good to meet people in person. Ah well I suppose I'll be coming to one of the regular meetings soon.

Cheers

...DeVore sorted me out all right. He's gonna get the pint, but you can have a glass too!! Ah well, make that another pint then... :p:D

Thread can be closed now. Thanks a lot!

• Advertisement
Advertisement