Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Innovatek H2O Cooling Kit for Chieftec Cases

Options
  • 14-08-2004 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

I've been considering a watercooling kit since I first built this rig, but always put it on the long finger. But I just spotted this at HiTide and thought it looked really neat'n'tidy.

Does anyone have this particular kit? I'll google for some reviews on it in the morning, but was wondering if anyone here had any insights on this, or Innovatek kits in general.

Ta

AT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I have this kit http://www.hitide.ie/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_22_37/products_id/181

Got it from hi-tide a month(ish) ago. Well worth it, here's my thread about the installation and temp differences http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=171568&page=2&pp=20

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Nice. Pretty much the same kit apart from yours has a bigger rad. Do you reckon the small rad would cope with the CPU and GFX (9800Pro->XT atm, but maybe something bigger in a few months ;))?

Some interesting posts there too about the flow rates. I have to read a little more on WC I think :)

Did you have to cut holes to cope with the rad or are you keeping it outside the case?

Keeping it outside the case, along with the second psu... I dont move the case around that much so it'll do for now. U can add another single rad ltr on if u find that the one rad isn't up to cooling the cpu n gfx. At the mo mines just cooling my cpu, I find the artic cooler fine on my gpu(same as urs)...

Some one made a point about flow rates somewhere... Was to do with the fact that water can only remove so much heat, making it move faster doesnt mean it'll make it cooler...

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

unklerosco wrote:
    Some one made a point about flow rates somewhere... Was to do with the fact that water can only remove so much heat, making it move faster doesnt mean it'll make it cooler...
    Yeah, that makes sense. If it's moving too fast it won't have time to "pick up" the heat in the first place. Comments about switching to 12mm tubes would, in my mind, slow doen the flow, as the pressure is less. The smaller the pipe the faster the flow (in plumbing circles at least), so perhaps that's why they saw better performance, the water is moving slower through the system.

I wonder if getting a kit like I am looking at would limit me in the future. Like adding an extra rad as you mentioned. If it's a casing specifically built to hald the rad, pump and tank, with the fan, I probably couldn't add a rad to that array. Looking inside my case atm I can understand why you might leave the rad outside :)

Adding another rad wouldn't be to hard... Hot water into rad A, then a pipe from rad A to rad B then from rad B to the pump. Its mounting the second rad thats the prob...

I was gonna mount my rad to the top of my case but thats where my USB/Firewire connections are. I plan to mod the case soon by making a usb breakout box n mounting the rad n psu externally on top...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Its pretty much the exact same kit as i have. I must say im pretty pleased with it overall. The fact that you have a Northwood core means the kit should be able to handle the 9800 aswell but you would want 2x120mm fans running @ mabye 7v (or a little less).

There was a few pretty good points brought up about the kits a while back alrite, think it was netman. The innovatek kits use the smaller piping .

The innovatek kits are pretty easy to install, easy to upgrade and change. For performance there not bad either but a self made kit will out perform it if you pick the right parts. Ie go for bigger tubing, whitewater CPU block (best on the market last time i checked).

A couple of sites to check out.......

www.dangerden.com
    www.dtekcustoms.com

Info....
    http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127

Performance tables....... http://overclockers.com/articles373/

After looking through a tonne of stuff i just said feck it and went with Innovatek, its a decent performance kit, hitide have the adapters if i want to change it to cool a P4 / AMD64 , i can add another Rad, add GFX / NB , im pretty happy its very quiet and gives me a very decent overclock.

Advertisement