Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I just disgraced myself :)

Options
  • 20-05-2001 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

So there I am on one of the BW CTF servers on Riverdance, as a Juggernaut, I've been holding on to the enemy flag for about fifteen minutes, and they had ours.

They finally kill the enemy carrier with about a minute to go in the match and we're 204-103 down, the flag is returned and I suddenly realise I have no idea where our flag is on this map smile.gif

In panic I forgot to look for the friendly flag waypoint and couldn't work out how to drop the flag, plus I didn't want to change to light armour in case that made you drop the flag or something (I now know it doesn't).

So I did the honourable thing and disconnected in total embarrasment smile.gif Would the enemy flag have been returned then or would it just drop and a teammate hopefully could have picked it up and capped it?

Jesus that was embarrassing smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

rofl biggrin.gif

CTRL-F throws the flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

ROFLMFAO!!! Thats ****in hilarious LOL biggrin.gif
    Nice 1 wink.gif

Citer le Cordeau "JennyRooba" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Ah Lo Hobbes btw wink.gif

Citer le Cordeau "JennyRooba" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

why didn't you just ask someone where to go to cap it??? seems like the logical think to do! smile.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

oops rolleyes.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭cueball

lol! Ne way i think i found a reason (skill) too play tribes now, Suicidal Strike pilot! Due to rouge squadron and lylat wars back in the day , i can hit snipers etc right off cliff tops shame i dont get a point when my ship hits them and kills them frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Normally if the defenders are doing a good job, I throw one of the flag and let them cap it. Never again.

I was on that ice level (flag inside base by gens). I run in and throw the flag to the guy defending and say "Here cap it". Guys name was HUNTERsomething.

This is where the fun begins. He stands there looking at me. Then goes "woohoo". So I get the laser pointer out and shoot at him, then shoot at the flag. He gets his out and shoots me. I say "YOU HAVE THE FLAG, CAPTURE IT". Still a blank look on his face.

Then he jumps up onto a motion sensor to look over the flag (perch). So I shoot him off it with the hope he will fall into the flag and capture. No joy. So now he walks right up to me and shoots me. (team damage is off).

Meanwhile 4 or 5 people are screaming for him to capture the bloody flag. I keep shooting him from his perch and he keeps walking up to me and shooting me.

Finally I stand between him and our flag and shoot him. Sure enough he comes running over to me and captures the flag.

All this took about 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

roflmao biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

I haven't a clue what a 'flag' looks like tongue.gif

Miaow.

Lucy la morte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Perfect examples of dousing thinking and playing and idiots :P

(Insert quote here)

• Advertisement
Advertisement