Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

annoying...

• 14-08-2004 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

not sure where else to post this

where should you post or whom should i pm about a board member that is really annoying me and other members also. he's just every where pi'ssing people off

he has to be very argumentive with everyone on every topic.... mods im not trying to be nasty or making a false statement, but it just seems that he has to criticise and put down every opinion posted on the bosrds. i know we all can disagree with certain posts and comments but he goes over board. does he think he is superior over everyone and that he is the only one entitled to an opinion. all he seems to do is to turn people off from posting on certain topics cause he's there trying to make them feel stupid... he really is annoying me and i can tell he's annoying alot of other people to... :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

With you on this one Lisa

I think the rule is that you're supposed to complain to the individual mods on the board where the guy has posted, but there are a few posters that seem to take pleasure in posting inane comments on practically every board - never a constructive one, just taking pleasure in shooting someone down.

It would be useful to have a global 'judiciary' on here ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

lisa.c - in light of what you posted earlier on the IRC board, you should probably change your signature. It is pretty obvious to me who you are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Welcome to the internet...

The ignore feature is your friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

lisa.c wrote:
    not sure where else to post this

where should you post or whom should i pm about a board member that is really annoying me and other members also. he's just every where pi'ssing people off
    There's a small "Report Bad Post" button at the bottom left of every post - it looks like one of those warning triangles sensible people keep in their cars. Use that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

typical woman.

that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Use the ignore function.
    That's what it's there for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

embee wrote:
    lisa.c - in light of what you posted earlier on the IRC board, you should probably change your signature. It is pretty obvious to me who you are talking about.

id imagine without anything like that its pretty obvious to most who've been here a while who she's talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I dont know and I'm here longer then you :p
    So who is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sigh, plain and simple

not a nice analogy but gets the point across just the same :)

[edit]

Image removed, quite inapropriate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Cabaal wrote:
    Sigh, plain and simple

not a nice analogy but gets the point across just the same :)

That's actually pretty poor taste there in your search for an analogy. Very poor taste indeed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I never said it was nice
    The analogy is correct but personally I don't like the whole quote image but non the less it gets the point accross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Cabaal wrote:
    I never said it was nice
    The analogy is correct but personally I don't like the whole quote image but non the less it gets the point accross.

I guess so but makes me feel sad to see the image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

alleepally wrote:
    Very poor taste indeed..

have to agree with you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

A bad choice of image alright. I am sure you could have come up with a better analogy than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Very not cool Cabaal, very not cool indeed......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

have to agree with you :(

aye...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Caball; you is going to hell early

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

poster-idiocy.jpg

Here's a less controversial one.
    Unless you happen to be a die-hard skydiver... or whatever you wish to call yourself; "Air Artist" or "Sky Spirit" and whatnot.

Also, I have no idea who your talking about. And I thought about it for at least 20 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Cabaal - Banned from After Hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement